The official 2014 CPFC managerial farce thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yes they have admitted they have an awful lot to learn, and yes we have been lucky. But sometimes you make your own luck and I think they have to be applauded for where we are today considering we were minutes from extinction (sorry chaps lol). All part of being a Palace fan and I would not change anything. And when are you lot going to stop trying to blame "gus" for losing to us in the play offs! Some of you lot really do think to much of yourselves.

It certainly wasn't Ollies managerial genius! In truth the margins are always tight. If Speroni hadn't touched Barnes' effort onto the bar then you would have collapsed and we would have bottled against Watford. A team hacked off with managerial nonsense is never going to help though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If the rumours are to be believed then getting rid of Pulis was probably the right thing to do, even though I cannot believe I am saying that. We can just not afford to spend 40k per week on players. As for Holloway, I still believe he is a good championship manager, in fact a very good one. I would not be surprised to see Millwall troubling the top six this year.
As for the board, they are doing what they believe is best, I don't believe one minute it is for the good if the club but more for there bank nalances , the same way I don't believe that Bloo. Is quite the superfan that some believe.
As for the Premier league, its not all its cracked up to be IMO, whichever way you cut it there are 6 or 7 premier league teams and the rest are trying to avoid relegation.
You say that, but had Pulis been in charge from day 1 last year you'd have been right up there.

I can understand Parish wanting to keep the budget on a tight rein, but I can also see why Pulis felt that he should be allowed to strengthen how he saw fit because lets face it, it was Pulis that kept you up last year and earned you x millions in the process.

There should have been some middle ground.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You say that, but had Pulis been in charge from day 1 last year you'd have been right up there.

I can understand Parish wanting to keep the budget on a tight rein, but I can also see why Pulis felt that he should be allowed to strengthen how he saw fit because lets face it, it was Pulis that kept you up last year and earned you x millions in the process.

There should have been some middle ground.

But we do not know there was not any middle ground, it pains me to say it but I think that Pulis has been swept up in the whole hysteria thing surrounding him. He is an excellent manager but when it comes to dealing in the transfer market he is a bit of a liability. The problem with that is though that he wants control of the transfers so cannot even be reigned in a bit. I would dearly love him to manage England, I truly believe he would be a success because England do have good individual players, its just getting them to play as a team that has been the problem.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
As for Bloom, it's pretty hard to argue that he's a god send given the cash he's stumped up and its difficult to see how he can be in a position to make any money out of it. I don't like certain things about the club now, it no longer feels like 'my club' and I'm not as proud of being a Brighton fan as I once was, guess that's progress????? Much the same as wanting to be in the Premier League but not liking the idea at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he has not been good for your club, well if you like being a customer. But that's the way football is going.
As for him making money, number 1 footballing academy's on paper anyway, nice stadium, huge fan base even without premier league football=nice profit when it comes to sell.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he has not been good for your club, well if you like being a customer. But that's the way football is going.
As for him making money, number 1 footballing academy's on paper anyway, nice stadium, huge fan base even without premier league football=nice profit when it comes to sell.

Nothing wrong with being a customer if it's consistently applied. Trouble with the new Brighton is that when things go wrong the customer is certainly not always right. In fact, when things go wrong you are treated like football fans were treated in the past, i.e. assumed to be scum.

It will be interesting to see what develops with Bloom and whether he turns in a profit when he sells. The costs incurred are out of scale with the output due to the buggeration we had to put up with and the time the whole process took, well over a decade. For him to turn in a profit we would have to be a top 6 premier League team when he sells and I can't see that happening. Now if we had defaulted on our debt, gone into admin and avoided all that nasty loss involved in developing a new ground and then investing once more in the team then yes, a healthy profit would be on the cards (see LCFC; or CPFC without the ground bit)

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Regarding Moody's and/or Mackay's apparent homophobia, can the people who run Crystal Palace really take the moral high ground on the matter? Do they not hear the "up the bum" anti-Brighton songs, among others, that the Palace faithful routinely sing at matches, home and away?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Regarding Moody's and/or Mackay's apparent homophobia, can the people who run Crystal Palace really take the moral high ground on the matter? Do they not hear the "up the bum" anti-Brighton songs, among others, that the Palace faithful routinely sing at matches, home and away?

If Steve says stop I promise to stop singing them .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oh it's been a joy these last two days to read sanctimonious Palace fans on Twitter, crapping on about how relieved they are to have dodged that appalling, nasty, bigoted man, Malky Mackay.

Go back down their Twitter feeds a few weeks, of course, and there are copious posts of their own about "bummers", "benders" and general arse-activity.

Anyone remember that absolute spanner Steve Brookstein who won the X Factor a few years ago, and whose career after his standard Christmas hit spectacularly crashed and burned to the extent he can't even get a job in panto now? Yep. He's a Palace fan. He now spends his time begging for record deals and tweeting endlessly about having his vengeance against Simon Cowell :)lolol:). He also likes to tweet about Brighton fans being gay. A supposedly public figure (well, obviously he's not actually famous now but a few people still vaguely recognise his name in a pitying sense) tweeting about Brighton fans being gay. Amazing.

Hard to imagine why his career is such an apocalypse, it really is.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We can only speculate, but I suspect it was something to do with caravans.

He was on that Fenners show last week explaining why he still doesn't have a job, I believe they specifically cited West Brom as one he nearly took. His explanation was quite bland and pretty much said nothing. Simply a case of meeting, discussing things, then just trusting his feelings that it wasn't the right job for him.

I imagine something equally bland.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh it's been a joy these last two days to read sanctimonious Palace fans on Twitter, crapping on about how relieved they are to have dodged that appalling, nasty, bigoted man, Malky Mackay.

Go back down their Twitter feeds a few weeks, of course, and there are copious posts of their own about "bummers", "benders" and general arse-activity.

Anyone remember that absolute spanner Steve Brookstein who won the X Factor a few years ago, and whose career after his standard Christmas hit spectacularly crashed and burned to the extent he can't even get a job in panto now? Yep. He's a Palace fan. He now spends his time begging for record deals and tweeting endlessly about having his vengeance against Simon Cowell :)lolol:). He also likes to tweet about Brighton fans being gay. A supposedly public figure (well, obviously he's not actually famous now but a few people still vaguely recognise his name in a pitying sense) tweeting about Brighton fans being gay. Amazing.

On the other hand Maxxi Jazz is a Palace fan and that means I had to burn all my faithless albums on principle.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

Palace fans are in a pickle about the apparent homophobia of Moody-Mackay. They cannot condemn the apparent homophobia of the two men without disowning their own actual homophobia, as expressed routinely at Palace matches, home and away.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm sick of palace fans calling us gay.

P.s. I can't wait to get my hands on Tim Sherwood's column tomorrow.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace fans are in a pickle about the apparent homophobia of Moody-Mackay. They cannot condemn the apparent homophobia of the two men without disowning their own actual homophobia, as expressed routinely at Palace matches, home and away.

Oh yes.

I don't believe we've ever seen the Palace board of directors publicly condemn the singing of "Brighton take it up the bum" each time we play them.

But I suppose that's OK. It's just banter, isn't it?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well. Personally if we hired Gypsy Rose Lee as our manager I would still enjoy traveller and lucky heather jokes at Palace fans expense so am totally OK with massive hypocrisy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well. Personally if we hired Gypsy Rose Lee as our manager I would still enjoy traveller and lucky heather jokes at Palace fans expense so am totally OK with massive hypocrisy.

Always found that a bit odd myself (not you, just that line of thinking).

When I think of the Croydon area, I think of a lot of things, almost entirely negative of course, but not really the particular community you speak of.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Love reading about the saddo's and what they write on Twitter. The only thing sadder than that is to actually waste your life reading whatever old crap they have to say. Loving the irony though :FFSPuncheon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports