Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 2014 CPFC managerial farce thread

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
no its pretty obvious after being overlooked in favour of Malkay, he doesnt want to be second choice now theres a shed load of extra baggage. as has been said, pushing out Pulis (which is what happened for all intents, Parish could have backed down and let him do his job), looks pretty daft.

Who's side are you on when our manager's complain about the budget?

Pulis wants to pay average players over £40k a week and has a history of high spending and not playing youngsters, why are you on his side in this.

Palace going bust would be funny, but I can't see why people can't agree with what Parish is doing when it's pretty much the same as what Bloom wants.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
So palace have no manager, no director of recruitment and no chief scout? I see another hilarious scattergun approach to the final week of the transfer window! Parish eagerly trawling through soccerbase.com and wishing Fifa15 was released early so he could identify some bargains. They are up the proverbial sh.it creek as it stands, marvellous stuff.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
no its pretty obvious after being overlooked in favour of Malkay, he doesnt want to be second choice now theres a shed load of extra baggage. as has been said, pushing out Pulis (which is what happened for all intents, Parish could have backed down and let him do his job), looks pretty daft.

Actually you are wrong.

Its because Palace wanted to keep the back room staff and not let him bring in Ramsey and Ferdinand who stood by him when he left Spurs.

Oct 12, 2012
So palace have no manager, no director of recruitment and no chief scout? I see another hilarious scattergun approach to the final week of the transfer window! Parish eagerly trawling through soccerbase.com and wishing Fifa15 was released early so he could identify some bargains. They are up the proverbial sh.it creek as it stands, marvellous stuff.

I'd rather be up our proverbial sh.it creak than in your lots shoes.... Say Hi to Dougie for us on Saturday in your Championship match :wave:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's going to be Pulis isn't it, with Parish bending over completely to Pulis' demands!

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I actually feel sorry for the Palace fans, I think they are being treated quite bad, by total mismanagement by the CPFC board. I totally agree about being careful with budgets etc, but why wait until a few days before the season to start, to 'lose' your manager and now no proper recruitment/scouting in place, in what will be a very difficult season, where they need to improve the squad. I think the Mackay situation was just bad timing to be honest and can really understand why Palace pulled out of the deal. Don't think Parish has looked that great during all this (apart from his lovely hair), but the Palace fans are as passionate about their club as we are and I do feel sorry for them in general, as it is a bit of a mess at the moment and the perception that their board do not have a clue on how to run a football club.

Oct 12, 2012
I actually feel sorry for the Palace fans, I think they are being treated quite bad, by total mismanagement by the CPFC board. I totally agree about being careful with budgets etc, but why wait until a few days before the season to start, to 'lose' your manager and now no proper recruitment/scouting in place, in what will be a very difficult season, where they need to improve the squad. I think the Mackay situation was just bad timing to be honest and can really understand why Palace pulled out of the deal. Don't think Parish has looked that great during all this (apart from his lovely hair), but the Palace fans are as passionate about their club as we are and I do feel sorry for them in general, as it is a bit of a mess at the moment and the perception that their board do not have a clue on how to run a football club.

So the board that has taken us from nearly going out of business to the premier league and then premier league survival for the first time in our history in 4 years don't know how to run a football club...................... :thumbsup:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I said perception, think the main issue with your board is that it seems to be just Parish as the front man and I think he needs some help from
The others , as dealing with the PR of your club is not great. I do understand that they have done great work in helping the club survive, no issue there, but don't think they are doing that great at the moment for your fans. My
Mate is always moaning about the lack of proper investment by the board and the comments thAt they would sell up given the chance. Not a dig, I was backing up your fans, seems like they are not happy judging by your message board .

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Interesting to hear speculation on the radio tonight suggesting that CPFC should now do their utmost to get Pulis back on board. I suspect that boat has already well and truly sailed.

Given what has happened over the last few days I do wonder if Parish is now quietly wishing that he had found a way to keep Pulis? It seems madness to have let him walk away.

Don't bet against it. It's effectively what happened last year after all.

I hear that If Alex McLeish doesn't accept the offer on the table then that is exactly what Parrish will attempt to do. He's really left with little choice.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So the board that has taken us from nearly going out of business to the premier league and then premier league survival for the first time in our history in 4 years don't know how to run a football club...................... :thumbsup:

No they really don't, and by their own admission they have an awful lot to learn. They have been incredibly lucky.

They got away with forcing Freedman out and getting Olly in; he tried to get you dropping out of the promotion race but failed at the last hurdle. They were lucky that Gus' ego tripped us up in the semi final. They got away with a complete farce of a transfer window last year by Ollie getting scared and legging it with this leading to them getting away with a ridiculous manager search where everyone ran a mile and eventually managed to pay Pulis enough to take the job. Question is, will they get away with this current balls up?

Oct 12, 2012
To be honest how can any Palace fan moan about lack of investment!!! We had a great season last season and I think still have a decent Premier league team. No one actually knows why Pulis has walked either. I just don't want us to end up with loads of your archetypal premier league fans who want to spunk money left right and centre. I men the aim again this year is to finish 17th or above. So why spunk loads of money to achieve this, because lets be honest we are not looking to challenge the top 6!!!!

Oct 12, 2012
No they really don't, and by their own admission they have an awful lot to learn. They have been incredibly lucky.

They got away with forcing Freedman out and getting Olly in; he tried to get you dropping out of the promotion race but failed at the last hurdle. They were lucky that Gus' ego tripped us up in the semi final. They got away with a complete farce of a transfer window last year by Ollie getting scared and legging it with this leading to them getting away with a ridiculous manager search where everyone ran a mile and eventually managed to pay Pulis enough to take the job. Question is, will they get away with this current balls up?

Yes they have admitted they have an awful lot to learn, and yes we have been lucky. But sometimes you make your own luck and I think they have to be applauded for where we are today considering we were minutes from extinction (sorry chaps lol). All part of being a Palace fan and I would not change anything. And when are you lot going to stop trying to blame "gus" for losing to us in the play offs! Some of you lot really do think to much of yourselves.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
To be honest how can any Palace fan moan about lack of investment!!! We had a great season last season and I think still have a decent Premier league team. No one actually knows why Pulis has walked either. I just don't want us to end up with loads of your archetypal premier league fans who want to spunk money left right and centre. I men the aim again this year is to finish 17th or above. So why spunk loads of money to achieve this, because lets be honest we are not looking to challenge the top 6!!!!
Be honest - why do you think he has?

Oct 12, 2012
Honestly. I think its most likely transfers, I don't buy in to this does not get on with Moody crap! My point above regarding what we are looking to achieve this season means why do we want to bring in players on £50-70k such as Caulker when it will a) destroy our wage budget and b)potentially upset the current squad and effect our team spirit..... If that was the case we should get Redknapp in to take us down to league 1 and go bust (again)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

If the rumours are to be believed then getting rid of Pulis was probably the right thing to do, even though I cannot believe I am saying that. We can just not afford to spend 40k per week on players. As for Holloway, I still believe he is a good championship manager, in fact a very good one. I would not be surprised to see Millwall troubling the top six this year.
As for the board, they are doing what they believe is best, I don't believe one minute it is for the good if the club but more for there bank nalances , the same way I don't believe that Bloo. Is quite the superfan that some believe.
As for the Premier league, its not all its cracked up to be IMO, whichever way you cut it there are 6 or 7 premier league teams and the rest are trying to avoid relegation.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If the rumours are to be believed then getting rid of Pulis was probably the right thing to do, even though I cannot believe I am saying that. We can just not afford to spend 40k per week on players. As for Holloway, I still believe he is a good championship manager, in fact a very good one. I would not be surprised to see Millwall troubling the top six this year.
As for the board, they are doing what they believe is best, I don't believe one minute it is for the good if the club but more for there bank nalances , the same way I don't believe that Bloo. Is quite the superfan that some believe.
As for the Premier league, its not all its cracked up to be IMO, whichever way you cut it there are 6 or 7 premier league teams and the rest are trying to avoid relegation.

I agree with much of what you say. Ollie was still incredibly poor for you regardless of whether he is a decent Champ manager. In fact, I was gutted when he was appointed as your manager as I thought it was a real coup for you; loved the fact that he turned you from auto promotion to a desperate last day to be in the playoffs though.

As for Bloom, it's pretty hard to argue that he's a god send given the cash he's stumped up and its difficult to see how he can be in a position to make any money out of it. I don't like certain things about the club now, it no longer feels like 'my club' and I'm not as proud of being a Brighton fan as I once was, guess that's progress????? Much the same as wanting to be in the Premier League but not liking the idea at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here