Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 102nd Tour de France, thread.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
In the classics the cyclist seem more spread out, its seems more cyclists heading for the narrow cobbled roads in the TDF

All the main contenders through the second section

I suppose it is because you have GC guys and riders going for the stage. In the classics it is just the people going for the stage, plus they are longer races in the classics, so you get natural attrition. That is my theory anyway.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I suppose it is because you have GC guys and riders going for the stage. In the classics it is just the people going for the stage, plus they are longer races in the classics, so you get natural attrition. That is my theory anyway.

Yes once you watch past the first couple of sections in the classics they are all spread out, here, everyone is trying to stay in contention

Some savage pace being set

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Surprised Cav is working so hard. Would have thought he would be in with a shout for this one. these cobbles do not look super difficult. Maybe he realises he really owes Martin a favour.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it me or have Movistar and Sky been working together a bit today? A few times I've seen them on each other's wheels and chatting. Could be my active imagination...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Going to miss the end on TV, its the radio commentary from here in for me

Wish I could match the radio commentary up to the pictures...

Brotherton and Hayles are much better than the other combinations available. Seriously considering learning Flemish just so I can understand the Sporza coverage, which is supposed to be excellent. :lolol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Poor from Pinot there. It is not your mechanics fault. You have to keep your head.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Poor from Pinot there. It is not your mechanics fault. You have to keep your head.

I think what happened there is that he got his wheel from the team car which he waited for. He then got a few yards further down the road and he has a guy stood at the side of the road with a spare wheel!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think what happened there is that he got his wheel from the team car which he waited for. He then got a few yards further down the road and he has a guy stood at the side of the road with a spare wheel!

Ah OK, more understandable then. He is having a right tantrum now though. He should get some bike abuse lessons from Wiggo.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
BMC :nono:

Second time in two days they have not helped when they have had numbers in the break. Terrible tactics.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tony Martin goes 3k out, with the sprinters in the main group behind, can he hold this, surely would be one of the great stage wins if he takes this!?

Cav will stay with the other sprinters without helping the chase presumably.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Brilliant stuff. So happy for him. He really deserves that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here