Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 102nd Tour de France, thread.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Only just got in from work. What is going on?

On the spoilers, I think it is reasonable for us to talk about what is happening, as it happens. If you want to watch the highlights without knowing what happened you do not come here first. Agreed?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Only just got in from work. What is going on?

On the spoilers, I think it is reasonable for us to talk about what is happening, as it happens. If you want to watch the highlights without knowing what happened you do not come here first. Agreed?

If you're watching now you would of gathered what's going on, and I'm pretty sure they will show highlights of what happened. That's all I'm prepared to say as I don't want Stat telling me off. :(

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If you're watching now you would of gathered what's going on, and I'm pretty sure they will show highlights of what happened. That's all I'm prepared to say as I don't want Stat telling me off. :(

Don't listen to what SB says! :lolol:

Seriously though, we should be able to discuss things as they happen on this thread. That is part of the fun, surely.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ten Dam has dislocated his shoulder, had it popped back in by his team, then got back on his bike and carried on. :ohmy:

Mentals.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ten Dam has dislocated his shoulder, had it popped back in by his team, then got back on his bike and carried on. :ohmy:

Mentals.

Simon Gerrans, Tom Dumoulin and William Bonnet not so lucky and all abandoned. Not sure if it was Bonnet who went down in the first crashed and then got ploughed into after. Whoever that was looked bashed up. Coverage didn't seem to catch the second crash which caused the neutralisation of the race. The it started it again, then neutralised again, then stopped. Was mentals, so so fast as well, it was like they had 2km left not 60km!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Simon Gerrans, Tom Dumoulin and William Bonnet not so lucky and all abandoned. Not sure if it was Bonnet who went down in the first crashed and then got ploughed into after. Whoever that was looked bashed up. Coverage didn't seem to catch the second crash which caused the neutralisation of the race. The it started it again, then neutralised again, then stopped. Was mentals, so so fast as well, it was like they had 2km left not 60km!

This sort of thing is becoming a bit inevitable with these tougher first weeks. Today is basically Fleche Wallonne, we have Paris Roubaix later in the week, so much battling for the front. Not sure what the answer is really, as in previous years the first week was really dull.

Jean-Christophe 'they call him JC' Peraud, for the second time today, and I make it seven times in three days of coverage now. Heckle and Jeckle will struggle now Gerrans is out, they won't be able to tip him for every single stage now...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Froome in yellow?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That was pretty special from Purito, really happy for him. Froome could have won that had he held back longer, but that was not really his purpose from this stage. He would have snapped your arm off this morning 20+ seconds gained on Contador, and 17 seconds on Nibali and Quintana. Pretty special. Not sure he will want to be in yellow so early though.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was pretty special from Purito, really happy for him. Froome could have won that had he held back longer, but that was not really his purpose from this stage. He would have snapped your arm off this morning 20+ seconds gained on Contador, and 17 seconds on Nibali and Quintana. Pretty special. Not sure he will want to be in yellow so early though.

Superb by Rodriguez, seemed to sell a bit of a dummy before Froome went and looked like he was dropping, then came back hard. Great racing. Seeing Nibali lose even more time, really not looking good for him. He's going to need something special on the cobbles again. Perhaps all this 'you can't win the TdF in the first 4 stages' is just nonsense these days!?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Put your money on the break tomorrow. Sky won't want to hold the yellow jersey for 18 stages, surely.

Tony Martin, for yellow, finally?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm watching on catchup.
Footballers should be ashamed of themselves.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The 10, 6 and 4 second time bonuses do open up the possibilities of who can take yellow early on, Sagan rode well today, wonder if he's got something up his sleeve over the cobbles. He really does have the curse of the allrounder these days.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'd have my money on Greg Van Avermaet taking yellow. Should be able to pull out enough time over Martin.

Good shout. Sky would not necessarily chase a break with GVA in it. Martin, maybe they would.
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], Sagan is also a good shout, though he will have to do it alone. Taxo Sinkoff are putting all their eggs in the Contador basket it seems so far.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I totally agree with [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION].

The whole point of the thread is so we can talk about the race, and who the fook is listening to me!

What a race, as an aside from the crash, neutralising, and the finish.
Did anyone else notice the elbow battles Froome was having going up, he took no s***.

Irrespective how they finish tomorrow Froome will be at least 2 seconds behind Martin, who I think will be in yellow tomorrow.
(unless Stybar pinches it :lol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here