The Official 102nd Tour de France, thread.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
We used to do that loads, for all the races. It kind of died a death, people lost interest after a couple of years.

I enjoyed it at the time, but have felt a sense of release since we stopped - I find it more fun watching and having nothing, apart from British success to worry about. So, for that reason, I'm out.

Sorry!

I do get where you're coming from, someone invited me to join another league and hopefully it will be a bit of fun.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] has anyone already set up / interested in a Tour Fantasy League this year ? Just joined a very easy & free to use one via velogames.com. Can create a league and post code if interest here

I'd be up for it as, having just read the rules and scoring, I like the simplicity.

One team of 9 riders at the beginning, no transfers to worry about and no dodgy unlevel playing fields that certain other sites are fond of. :thumbsup:

Any NSC league would run properly for the whole tour too as there's no daily transfers to worry about. Would be a good bit of fun to add extra interest again without it becoming a chore.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Ok then, for those who'd like league is NSC Geeks. Code is 02222138

I see from the list of scroll down kits you can choose there is Lewes Wanderers and even a CPFC (eek), but no Albion.

www.velogames.com

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Me and a mate are nipping over on the ferry as it goes right through Dieppe next Thursday. 12.30am ferry - arrive at 5.30am - caravan starts passing through town about 12.30pm - race flies past approx 2.30pm - ferry home 6pm. Going to be a fun but knackering day, all for £30 return as foot passengers!!

great stuff!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Me and a mate are nipping over on the ferry as it goes right through Dieppe next Thursday. 12.30am ferry - arrive at 5.30am - caravan starts passing through town about 12.30pm - race flies past approx 2.30pm - ferry home 6pm. Going to be a fun but knackering day, all for £30 return as foot passengers!!

Are you taking your bikes? 7 hours to kill, lovely Norman roads...it has to be done, doesn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Are you taking your bikes? 7 hours to kill, lovely Norman roads...it has to be done, doesn't it?

Unfortunately not. I got rid of my road bike 5 years ago and only ride a full sus mtb off road these days. Not great riding on the roads with it tbh! I fully intend to find a café opening fairly early, and then enjoy the world going by for a while with a few drinks and a copy of L'equipe...probably take a wander round town too as I'm sure there'll be stuff going on around the place to celebrate the race coming through.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right that's enough jibber-jabber, lets get down to business:-

Tour de France 2015 Stage 1: Utrecht (ITT), 13.8 km

A pan-flat time trial through the streets of Utrecht

stage_01_map_670.jpg

stage_01_profile_670.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not that much value in Dan four/five to one, the only one I can see as a big odds - possible long shot is Adam Yates for the white jersey, but it depends on his team duties and Quintana not just taking it by default of loads of climbing and little time trailing. not sure if you can place for this either - but it is a long shot

Below is a selection of riders to be placed in the top 10 at the ned of the TDF 2015

If I was going for best value on someone under the radar for a Top Ten then Rafael Valls would be my pick at 16's. Good rider that's been hampered by injury and illness for a good few seasons now, but this season has finally got a good winter under his belt and going really well. A very good back up to Rui Costa for Lampre.

We used to do that loads, for all the races. It kind of died a death, people lost interest after a couple of years.

I enjoyed it at the time, but have felt a sense of release since we stopped - I find it more fun watching and having nothing, apart from British success to worry about. So, for that reason, I'm out.

Sorry!

Come on Pogue give it a go for old times sake. I agree with all that you say there, but it's only a one off team for just one race this time. You know it makes sense :)

Right that's enough jibber-jabber, lets get down to business:-

Tour de France 2015 Stage 1: Utrecht (ITT), 13.8 km

A pan-flat time trial through the streets of Utrecht

View attachment 66613

View attachment 66612

Is that going to be it for every stage then SB???

Where's the stage analysis, run down of leading contenders, likely scenarios and stage winner prediction?

No merit points for that effort I'm afraid :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where's the stage analysis, run down of leading contenders, likely scenarios and stage winner prediction?

No merit points for that effort I'm afraid :wink:
Flat & fast
If they can't ride 10 miles quickly they shouldn't be there.
They'll all be quick, Rohan Dennis will be the quickest.

Truth be told, I couldn't remember how in depth this got.
Even more truth would be the fact I'm still pretty wiped out after yesterday's ride.

I'll try harder, when there's more to say.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Flat & fast

Even more truth would be the fact I'm still pretty wiped out after yesterday's ride.

Alex Dowsett.

Mark my words.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Flat & fast

Come on, there's clearly a massive 2m climb at the end - that'll really test the riders...

Should I be watching on ITV4 or Eurosport? Tried both earlier this year and they both seem to annoy me for some reason!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Come on, there's clearly a massive 2m climb at the end - that'll really test the riders...

Should I be watching on ITV4 or Eurosport? Tried both earlier this year and they both seem to annoy me for some reason!

ITV4 unless they've gone back to Phil and Paul.

I love their coverage, but I also like Eurosport. Both do it very well, and I don't get why people see a problem with them.

I even like Carlton Kirby, and I know that it's almost sacrilegious to admit this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports