Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 102nd Tour de France, thread.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"there seems to be a choice at the end of this stage, hospital or podium" Jens Voigt

mental descending!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Barguil, you asshole. He should be straight in to the sky bus after this stage. That was jokes, some of the worst bike handling I have ever seen :nono:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloody idiot!!

Warren Barguil gets a corner so so wrong, hits Geraint Thomas hard on a fast corner who hits a telegraph pole and disappears down a steep bank into some woods. God knows how he is, but pathetic bike handling by Barguil, he needs disqualifying for that, ridiculous.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Barguil, you asshole. He should be straight in to the sky bus after this stage. That was jokes, some of the worst bike handling I have ever seen :nono:

Exactly what I though! How narrow to the apex was he!!?? What a tit. Not his first time either. If you can get disqualified for spending a bit too long behind a car, you should be out for such a poor piece of cycling.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I hope he chins that **** when he gets back!

Would not be unreasonable! Barguil could have killed him. There is no way you can take that line in to any corner, never mind one on a descent like that. If one of my mates did that out on a Sunday I would never ride with them again, totally unacceptable at any level of cycling.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would not be unreasonable! Barguil could have killed him. There is no way you can take that line in to any corner, never mind one on a descent like that. If one of my mates did that out on a Sunday I would never ride with them again, totally unacceptable at any level of cycling.

We'll see what the fall out is, but I'm with you, that just seems like such an unacceptable piece of bike handling that some sort of punishment/sanction has to come his way. Wasn't that he lost traction through the corner, or lost either the front or rear wheel in a 'racing accident', he made the error long before he got to the corner, was on a line where he was never going to make it and didn't seem to react other than in order to save his own skin, he shouldered into Thomas like a bloody scrap car driver on a bike. Unbelievable. The seriousness of what could have happened to Thomas then doesn't bare thinking about.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How is Thomas not spending the night in hospital let alone finishing the race. Must be made of steel

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Geraint Thomas making jokes at the end. Luckily further replays showed it wasn't that deep a ditch on the otherside and the thing he's most upset about was losing his sunglasses which aren't made anymore.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We'll see what the fall out is, but I'm with you, that just seems like such an unacceptable piece of bike handling that some sort of punishment/sanction has to come his way. Wasn't that he lost traction through the corner, or lost either the front or rear wheel in a 'racing accident', he made the error long before he got to the corner, was on a line where he was never going to make it and didn't seem to react other than in order to save his own skin, he shouldered into Thomas like a bloody scrap car driver on a bike. Unbelievable. The seriousness of what could have happened to Thomas then doesn't bare thinking about.

He has to be fined, and lose the amount of time that Thomas did as a bare minimum. I think you can make a case that he should be disqualified from the race entirely. That was certainly more dangerous than what Renshaw did a few years back.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He has to be fined, and lose the amount of time that Thomas did as a bare minimum. I think you can make a case that he should be disqualified from the race entirely. That was certainly more dangerous than what Renshaw did a few years back.

Watching the replay a few times, I think Thomas makes the decision to collide with the lamp post as the best of a bad situation in order to reduce his momentum. I think he prepares his upper body for the hit into his shoulder and upper body rather than miss it and take his chances with whatever was beyond. Brilliant on saving himself if I've read that right on his part.

Barguil moves into 10th on that move!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
His sunglasses are so distinctive - makes him so easy to spot in the peloton - when asked who he was by the doctor he said "Chris Froome' thats humour for you

Attachments

• WATSON_00004085-010.jpg
    WATSON_00004085-010.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 107

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here