Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jinkies I nearly forgot.

STAGE 1

stage_01_map_600_670.jpg

stage_01_profile_600_670.jpg

1) CAv
2) Boohoo
3) Goss

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have to say I'm glad Wiggins isn't riding. This way we won't have the media circus around the Wiggins v Froome nonsense and we can concentrate on enjoying the racing instead. Also think Froome deserves not to have that kind of pressure put on him.

I've had a sneaky bet on the youngest rider ever to start a Tour since world war 2 to be in yellow after tomorrow. Bound to be some pile ups and if it takes out all the lead sprinters then a second tier could easily come through and take the glory. I'd rather lose my money though and see everyone stay upright and watch a fair fight between all the big guns.

Danny Van Poppel? Seems unlikely he will win but he will be up there for sure. Bouhanni surely cannot manage to take out Cav, Greipel, Kittel and Goss who would all beat him in a straight line at this point.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Predictions for today. A four man break featuring a Saur Sojasun, Europcar, Cofidis and AG2R rider will go away. They will obviously get caught. Some team will get there sprint train together way too early and blow their chances, probably Cannondale and at the finish we will have.

1. Cav
2. Kittel
3. Greipel

In Polka Dots tonight it will be... Rudy Molard.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When they get to the bottom of Corsica, watch the chopper shots of Bonifacio from the sea. One of the worlds most spectacular sites, not one of the best known, but worth a look.

france-2009-135.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What the hell have FDJ done to their kit? I really liked it before now it is horrible.

784782289.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Bad start for Sky, Froome has punctured and someone else has had a bike change before they have even left the neutralised zone.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Predictions for today. A four man break featuring a Saur Sojasun, Europcar, Cofidis and AG2R rider will go away. They will obviously get caught.

In Polka Dots tonight it will be... Rudy Molard.

Well two teams correct, the polka dots will not be going to Molard that is for sure. In the five man break we have; Jerome Cousin (Europcar), Juan Jose Lobato (Euskaltel), Lars Boom (Belkin), Juan Antonio Flecha (Vacansoleil) and Cyril Lemoine (Sojasun).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Lobato in the Polka dots, that was quite an exciting sprint with track stands on the way up the hill.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in, just playing ITV4 catch up.

Once again this is my first tour in HD, and it looks sumptuous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here