Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Office US

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My advise if anyone hasnt started watching it- skip or don’t pass judgment on season 1 as it’s a bad copy of the original - start at season 2 and it becomes its own show, which is brilliant.

Dwight is better than Gareth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
About a third of the way through season 3 and really enjoying it, and at 20 mins an episode it is the perfect length for a comedy. If you are sceptical give it a go and start with season two. Let’s face it, no series is going to be commissioned for 200 episodes without it having something about it.

Eastgull

Aug 16, 2017
My advise if anyone hasnt started watching it- skip or don’t pass judgment on season 1 as it’s a bad copy of the original - start at season 2 and it becomes its own show, which is brilliant.

Agreed, found it naff to begin with but three years later I’ve rewatched it at least twice!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My brother shares the same sentiment. I can't get him to watch it.

He lives in the UK. We have always been huge fans of The Office and Alan Partridge.

I moved to the US and watched the US Office when it was first airing.
I was curious at first and then pleasantly surprised once they found their own style and took some creative chances.

The backbone / premise is still there. The pathetic boss who wants to be popular, the mundane nature of their jobs/lives, etc.
The key characters - equivalents of Tim, Dawn, Jennifer, and even Chris Finch are all present, plus many more!

If I try to persuade people from the UK to watch it I just tell them to "treat it as its own thing."
There's not much point in comparing it. Two different cultures and styles of humour.

If you are prepared to give it a chance I suspect you will really enjoy it, because it really is excellent.

Very good point about differing styles of humour. Thankfully I love some comedy genre from both sides ‘of the pond’.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’ve seen it 3 times and I love it, it’s 100% better than the UK version imho, goes slightly downhill after the final 2 seasons but it’s fantastic

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

And Kevin blows Keith out of the water.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This thread has made me want to watch it all again. It's so good.
Schitts Creek is worth a watch if anyone is looking for something of a similar ilk.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I watched the first episode and then rejected watching the rest for so many years as I thought it was the same script as the UK version. Finally gave in a couple of years ago and definitely one of the best tv shows out there. Carrell much more likable than Brent (on purpose) and just very wholesome and enjoyable tv. 10/10.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA

that's about what I was saying but better haha. season 1 not great, season 2 onwards incredible

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This thread has made me want to watch it all again. It's so good.
Schitts Creek is worth a watch if anyone is looking for something of a similar ilk.

3 seasons into this and it's great - a slightly acquired taste but really enjoying it. I've always avoided the US office but may now give it a go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here