The offical NSC Puzzle Donkey Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Still on 4.3.2 - I've tried the days of Christmas, but I didn't really think it was this ... where do the seasons come in? I can see how trinkets might be associated with Christmas, but Cows/Musicians - Birds = Spring? Autumn?

Steph said:
I answered question 3 yesterday can someone cut and paste it so I can remember what the answer was!
pegs.png

Steph

Jul 26, 2004
Bognor
Oh that one!

After much cutting out and moving blocks around, the first letter seemed to be S, the second was a bit dodgy but possibly L if you really squinted at it, and the third could have been an I. f*** knows what the last letter was so I typed in random stuff along those lines, I think it was something like SLIT.

Last edited:

Steph

Jul 26, 2004
Bognor
No that's the one I'm now stuck on and ideas would be appreciated!

rock - diamond?
piano - grand?

Keep going round in circles and not getting anywhere

Steph

Jul 26, 2004
Bognor
No still no ideas

Typing in random activities hasn't worked (including being an annoying f***!)

I can't beleive we are all stuck!
I don't even know where to start

Looking at the puzzle donkey forum, some woman said her gender helped her get it. They also say you can't ignore the first paragraph i.e. the herd of cows and laden washing line and piano are important. Oh and they say that Americans will have problems with it.

And anyway he is quite obviously trying to get rid of his nephews for 5 mins while he is babysitting.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I am guessing (likely wongly) that the items are being used to weigh down something - all are heavy, which would go with the title, and would account for a rock being better than coins, but ... Hmm ... what is the bastard doing? :censored:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Repugnant Toad said:
I am guessing (likely wongly) that the items are being used to weigh down something - all are heavy, which would go with the title, and would account for a rock being better than coins, but ... Hmm ... what is the bastard doing? :censored:

That is what I was thinking but what?

I thought he may be weighing something as opposted to weighing something down?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports