Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The offical NSC Puzzle Donkey Thread

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I'm stuck on the f***ing flower. I know nothing about plants so I'm kinda screwed with this one.
The middle clue is the best to start with - zip fastner relates to trousers! That should give you a rather unusual plant that Patrick Moore might approve of! ;)

Just done 4.2.4! :clap2: :clap2:

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
Aaaaggggrrrhhhh! Here's 4.2.5 - too much FG for my liking!

Or in other words,
f(g(Electrical Power Unit)) f(g(Morning condensate)) f(g(seer)) g(f(conker))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
f(f(g(fog)) g(f(g(f(g(sighted) g(listener))))) f(g(f(g(Within Singing Groups)))))

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
sneakychef said:
Right I've got all the words in 4.1.13 in the boxes but I can't get any kind of question out of it let alone an answer!

:dunce: HELP ME! :dunce:

You must have the words wrong. The question is obvious when they are correct

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Couldn't give a rats arse said:
I've finally got 4.2.3 - by cheating a bit. Redoing it gave me 7 letters which I plonked in Google and found a forum where someone else had come up with the same letters. They were told the first letter was wrong and there was a letter before it.

Let's just say Gunther would approve of the answer! :clap2:

Does it spell the word right out or is it an anagram?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Where do you even start getting the letters from in 4.2.3.?

I assume you trace the journies being described across the map. They 'should' spell out letters.

However the language used is so wolly it's almost impossible to get a clear idea of what they do.

For example the factory workers go to work a usual BEFORE the flooding and the bridge gives out. This means that they can take any number of routes to work!!!

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
Lammy said:
Does it spell the word right out or is it an anagram?

It spells out the word - just add a letter at the beginning. I'm guessing the letter is all of the routes joined up - it looks like an 8 anyway.

As for getting letters, each paragraph is a letter if you trace the routes.

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
Lammy said:
I assume you trace the journies being described across the map. They 'should' spell out letters.

However the language used is so wolly it's almost impossible to get a clear idea of what they do.

For example the factory workers go to work a usual BEFORE the flooding and the bridge gives out. This means that they can take any number of routes to work!!!
This was the one that threw me. To get the right letter - just use the path of the mothers - avoiding the mill and bridge.

The word your looking for is big with Jordan and small with Tara PT. ;)

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Well it worked but I don't know how you get an N from that when they are starting from the shops?!?!? They are at bottem in the middle?

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
Lammy said:
Pandion isn't even a word?!?!?

I think you'll find that in Latin, it means osprey.

Come on people, get to the next one as I'm stuck again. I've got a nice 5-6 hr journey home from Exeter today so I expect an answer to 4.2.5 when I get back! :lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think I have something close not sure about the discussion groups though.

What do you type as your answer, the whole lot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here