Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Offical Match Thread: Argentina v Switzerland ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought Switzerland showed far more positives in that match than Argentina, given their respective statuses. Argentina have been notably underperforming throughout imo.

I certainly wouldn't disagree with you about Argentina there.

I seem to be in an uptight sweeping statement mood tonight, but I'd venture this is the worst tournament performance I've ever seen from an Argentina side. I won't bother arguing with anyone that can provide evidence to the contrary though :thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Still on for my pre cup prediction of a Germany / Argentina final.

Personally I want someone different to win it, Columbia, holland or Belgium.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm half Swiss and I'm gutted. But to be honest the Swiss had enough clear cut chances to score or at least go to pens. But as Nigeria, Algeria and now Switzerland have found out, you HAVE to take your chances or the quality teams will punish you. Having said that Argentina made themselves look like a poor mans Costa Rica.

I don't think England will now be too happy looking at the Euros group. Before the World Cup the FA et al were very happy with the euro group. After this World Cup, I'm not sure England are as good as Switzerland.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Someone help me out here - did anyone else hear Robbie Savage say "f***ing hell" when they were analysing the Swiss miss at the end of the game? Really sounded like it, but it wasn't mentioned on the program, and my ears might be playing up…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here