Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Offical I think I am allergic to Pineapple thread

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Didn't Jason Lee get the right hump when they chanted 'You've got a pineapple, on your head'?

jasonlee1-e1296159618759.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Have a word with yourself young man.... Pineapple should not be within 100 metres of a pizza !

The Hawaiian is the Korma of pizzas, it's a girl's pizza. The choice of any discerning gentleman surely has to be the American Hot.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I get a similar reaction with peaches, apples (the skin), cherries, some nuts, maybe some other things. It's never given me any problem other than the top of my mouth/tongue/throat itching, but that's enough to make me avoid them.

Ooo I get it with Kiwi as well come to think of it

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've developed a full-on fish allergy over the last 5 years. My lips and tongue swell and my throat closes up. Salmon, Tuna, Sardines, Prawns, Cod, Haddock, Sole, Trout, Whitebait.........All the things I used to love I have to avoid like the plague now. :down:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Pineapple gave me stomach acid so I switched to a much more suitable fruit. Mango is lovely from Sainsburys but Tesco's brand can be too dry and hard which isn't anywhere near as nice. Always keeps colds away. *touch wood*.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I get a similar reaction with peaches, apples (the skin), cherries, some nuts, maybe some other things. It's never given me any problem other than the top of my mouth/tongue/throat itching, but that's enough to make me avoid them.

Same here. Started in my 50's. Only happens in Spring. Birch pollen allergy. Hard to accept as I had never believed allergies or hay fever existed up to that point. Can eat cherries slowly and after about 8 the swelling and burning starts. Eat an apple and I could sneeze for half an hour. Cooked fruit no problem. Hazelnuts no good. Only around April time luckily.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's weird how people develop allergies to certain foods for no discernible reason when previously they would eat the same food with no problems. Why does it happen? Do animals have the same kind of problem?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pijnappel, Pinapfel. Also usage of Pomme de Pin in French (maybe archaic) and in Latin Pomum Pini.

Pomme de Pin in French translates as Pine Cone.

My adult daughter noticed she had a reaction to kiwi fruit, then apples and then most fruit. She then went to a spa, drank a smoothie without thinking, and had a violent reaction being unable to breathe. Her husband rushed her to A & E, but fortunately she was sick on the way which reduced the allergic reaction. She now avoids most fruit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here