Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Offcial Match Day Thread - Brighton vs Tottenham (Brighton play away) **

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm going to try and limit the damage control here. I'm currently unbeaten in the MDT's so hopefully I'll salvage something...

****Official Match Thread****
Tottenham Hotspurs Vs Brighton and Hove Albion

It's 'Hotspur' not 'Hotspurs' :nono:

were loose

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's such a bad match day thread, that it's a great match day thread.

Spurs 0-1 Brighton! Easy game.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I don't think context is taken into consideration anymore?

Aren't they getting themselves into trouble for singing 'Yid Army!'??

No, we are allowed to use the word Yid in our songs/chants. It was officially given the green light this season after a couple of seaons of 'debate'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's a cup game, nothing to lose really. Can Sami just study what we've been doing for the last 2 or 3 years and set the team up in a way most of them are comfortable and used to?

Let's not be pig headed about admitting you're wrong. Sami, show some flexibility in your tactics, go back to a back four with full backs working in tandem with wide players so that you have 2 players on each side providing width, can we go back to 2 solid midfielders with 1 in front linking between the midfield and the striker. Gus had that 1 linking further forward than Oscar ever did, and his wingers slightly more attacking, but essentially it was the same set up. It won us League One, and got us 2 top 6 finishes. Please, just give it a go.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm going to try and limit the damage control here. I'm currently unbeaten in the MDT's so hopefully I'll salvage something...

tottenham-hotspur.png
--------
brighton-and-hove-albion.png

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham full-back Kyle Naughton is fit again after a ankle injury while fellow defender Federico Fazio is available after suspension.
But Nabil Bentaleb and Kyle Walker remain sidelined with ankle and pelvis injuries respectively.
Brighton midfielder Kazenga LuaLua is available again after suspension.
But Sam Baldock is cup-tied while Craig Mackail-Smith could miss out again with a hamstring injury and full-back Bruno is struggling with a groin problem.

MATCH PREVIEW

Two managers under pressure at new clubs is the backdrop to Brighton's visit to Tottenham.
Under Mauricio Pochettino, Spurs have won just three times in this season's Premier League, and were booed off after a weekend defeat at home to Newcastle.

They looked like making an early exit from the Capital One Cup after going behind to Nottingham Forest - but battled back and will be strong favourites to reach the quarter-finals despite their recent form.
That's because visitors Brighton, who were also booed off after a home draw with Rotherham at the weekend, have also been struggling under new manager Sami Hyppia.
The Seagulls have not won in the league since August - a run of 10 games that has left them hovering above the Championship relegation zone.
Hyppia, twice a League Cup winner with Liverpool, has called on his players "to toughen up a bit", which echoes Pochettino's comments questioning his players' mentality after the Newcastle defeat.
But it will the manager of the losing team on Wednesday whose mental strength will really be put to the test.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Spurs have won four and lost just one of their last six against the Seagulls (D1).
The one previous League Cup meeting between these sides came in the 1982-83 competition, when Spurs won 2-1 on aggregate in a two-legged second round tie.

Tottenham

Tottenham have won 10 of their last 11 in this competition against lower ranked sides, scoring in all 11 games in this run.
Spurs have scored in each of their last 24 home games in the League Cup.
Tottenham suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time this season at the weekend.

Brighton

Brighton's only win in their last 11 matches was their Capital One Cup third-round win over Burton on 24 September.
Brighton have won more away games in this season's League Cup (two) than they had in the last 19 seasons combined (one).
The Seagulls have made this stage of the competition for the first time since 1979-80, when they were beaten 4-0 in a replay by Tottenham's North London rivals Arsenal (the first game ended 0-0).
Too late, much too late. The stable has been locked but the horse is miles away.

Were loose (in fact were gunner git thrashed)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

tottenham-hotspur.png
--------
brighton-and-hove-albion.png

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham full-back Kyle Naughton is fit again after a ankle injury while fellow defender Federico Fazio is available after suspension.
But Nabil Bentaleb and Kyle Walker remain sidelined with ankle and pelvis injuries respectively.
Brighton midfielder Kazenga LuaLua is available again after suspension.
But Sam Baldock is cup-tied while Craig Mackail-Smith could miss out again with a hamstring injury and full-back Bruno is struggling with a groin problem.

MATCH PREVIEW

Two managers under pressure at new clubs is the backdrop to Brighton's visit to Tottenham.
Under Mauricio Pochettino, Spurs have won just three times in this season's Premier League, and were booed off after a weekend defeat at home to Newcastle.

They looked like making an early exit from the Capital One Cup after going behind to Nottingham Forest - but battled back and will be strong favourites to reach the quarter-finals despite their recent form.
That's because visitors Brighton, who were also booed off after a home draw with Rotherham at the weekend, have also been struggling under new manager Sami Hyppia.
The Seagulls have not won in the league since August - a run of 10 games that has left them hovering above the Championship relegation zone.
Hyppia, twice a League Cup winner with Liverpool, has called on his players "to toughen up a bit", which echoes Pochettino's comments questioning his players' mentality after the Newcastle defeat.
But it will the manager of the losing team on Wednesday whose mental strength will really be put to the test.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Spurs have won four and lost just one of their last six against the Seagulls (D1).
The one previous League Cup meeting between these sides came in the 1982-83 competition, when Spurs won 2-1 on aggregate in a two-legged second round tie.

Tottenham

Tottenham have won 10 of their last 11 in this competition against lower ranked sides, scoring in all 11 games in this run.
Spurs have scored in each of their last 24 home games in the League Cup.
Tottenham suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time this season at the weekend.

Brighton

Brighton's only win in their last 11 matches was their Capital One Cup third-round win over Burton on 24 September.
Brighton have won more away games in this season's League Cup (two) than they had in the last 19 seasons combined (one).
The Seagulls have made this stage of the competition for the first time since 1979-80, when they were beaten 4-0 in a replay by Tottenham's North London rivals Arsenal (the first game ended 0-0).
Nice try - but can you use it to start a nice new thread (without the spelling mistake in our opponent's title) and scrap this awful one, which is so bad it can surely be dismissed as unauthorised.......

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Start a new thread, the original looks like English is not their first language.

**** Official Match Thread ****
Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Nice try - but can you use it to start a nice new thread (without the spelling mistake in our opponent's title) and scrap this awful one, which is so bad it can surely be dismissed as unauthorised.......

There are no rules as to how good a official match day thread HAS to be

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Start a new thread, the original looks like English is not their first language.

**** Official Match Thread ****
Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Typing it up.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
There a stream for tonight's fixture?

N17

Jun 21, 2011
“@coco_Lamela: It’s all about what we can do on the night & I believe we are good enough."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here