Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night laughathon #unofficial# thread

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I will have the radio on, but fully intend to sleep through it.

I will wake in the glorious dawn of the sunlit uplands of the brave new world where things can only get better.

Or probably still stuck in the same mess that whoever wins will fail to solve.

Useless bastards, the lot of them.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’d LOVE to join in with an “up all nighter” but after three years of planning my election night piss up, it turns out I’m going to be in Costa Rica on the big day.

Exit poll will drop at 15:00 local time. Should make for an interesting dinner that evening.

My daughter has it sussed though. Record the whole thing and watch as live from 22:00 on a night to be determined once we get back.

We are nerds.
:lol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I always stay up but yes to be honest if it looks like it isn't going my way I sigh a bit and toddle off to bed around 3 AM. The 97 one was something else. My GF at the time was (and is) a tory, so my whoops and giggles didn't go down especially well.

I like your suggestion. People should post pix of their TV snacks. I predict some banquets :lolol:
You sound just like me. An up most of the nighters when losing and all nighters when winning.

So who will present for bbc? Dimbleby (ferguson esque) is no more. Huw is persona non grata. Giving it to laura will be madness

May need to go for sky or channel 4

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
will pee me off if Labour‘s campaign in Horsham splits the anti Tory vote. Put your efforts elsewhere.
Labour all over town centre this morning - turns out they were 2nd in 2017, Lib Dem’s second in 2019. So looks like they are going for it. maybe need Reform party to take votes off Tories

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There was some very interesting analysis on Newsnight about how many ‘Corbyn voters’ from the last election were now supporting other parties or perhaps not voting at all. It seems Labour have dropped 7% of their voters from the last election. Quite a small percentage when you consider how many traditional Labour voters they have attracted back along with centrist floating voters.

And to those 7%, you are essentially supporting continued Tory rule by not backing the Labour Party (or the party most likely to beat the Tories on your constituency).

The people I admire are the hard left who have remained in the Labour Party and are determined to get Sir Keir into No.10 with a long term strategy of using the party’s internal democratic leavers to swing the leader, party and country more to the left. It’s going to have to be give and take between the ideological headbangers (who are never happy) and the pragmatic realists who are determined to stop endless Tory rule.

7% off 32%, whilst gaining 17%.

Job’s a goodun.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
will pee me off if Labour‘s campaign in Horsham splits the anti Tory vote. Put your efforts elsewhere.
Surely they’re not going to campaign too hard? Lib Dem’s have historically been the 2nd party in Horsham and they have a majority on the council now, don’t they?

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Labour all over town centre this morning - turns out they were 2nd in 2017, Lib Dem’s second in 2019. So looks like they are going for it. maybe need Reform party to take votes off Tories

Ok, will pee me off if Lib Dem‘s campaign in Horsham splits the anti Tory vote. Put your efforts elsewhere.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I’d LOVE to join in with an “up all nighter” but after three years of planning my election night piss up, it turns out I’m going to be in Costa Rica on the big day.

Exit poll will drop at 15:00 local time. Should make for an interesting dinner that evening.

My daughter has it sussed though. Record the whole thing and watch as live from 22:00 on a night to be determined once we get back.

We are nerds.
:lol:
Lovely stuff, I would just watch it when it's on though. How realistic is it for you to watch it on catch up once you know the results. Guess you said you are nerds :ROFLMAO:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Dick heads. They will never win Horsham; there just aren’t enough potential Labour voters. There are however enough moderate conservatives that might switch their votes to Libs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You sound just like me. An up most of the nighters when losing and all nighters when winning.

So who will present for bbc? Dimbleby (ferguson esque) is no more. Huw is persona non grata. Giving it to laura will be madness

May need to go for sky or channel 4
Here is my dream lineup

BBC1 Chris Mason with Alan Green
BBC2 Chris Morris with Michael Portillo
ITV 1 Chris Tarrant with Diane Abbott
Channel 4 Chris Hughton with Gary Neville
Channel 5 Chris Walken with Nigel Farage

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Which MP are people most hoping will lose their seat?

For me, it’s the snivelling little rat Jacob Rees-Mogg

Basically all Tories but especially the MP for Moray and f***ing awful Scottish football linesman, Douglas Ross.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dick heads. They will never win Horsham; there just aren’t enough potential Labour voters. There are however enough moderate conservatives that might switch their votes to Libs.
My first thought, hang on, being a Mancunian you'll be an expert on the dick heads of Horsham? ??? But, no.....

I used to drink there on a Saturday lunch time when I lived in Crawley. You could buy NF badges and stickers from a mobile unit in the town.

Yeah, you're right. Enough of them may vote liberal, on account of the tories now having a brown leader.

Labour would perhaps be wise to put their full weight behind, er, the door into the Black Jug, buy a beer and pretend none of this is happening :wink:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Here is my dream lineup

BBC1 Chris Mason with Alan Green
BBC2 Chris Morris with Michael Portillo
ITV 1 Chris Tarrant with Diane Abbott
Channel 4 Chris Hughton with Gary Neville
Channel 5 Chris Walken with Nigel Farage
Diversity and inclusion check:

Black: Check
White: Check
British: Check
American: Check
Irish: Check
Comedian: Check
BBC Political editor: Check
Ex football manager: Check

100%. You're good to go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Diversity and inclusion check:

Black: Check
White: Check
British: Check
American: Check
Irish: Check
Comedian: Check
BBC Political editor: Check
Ex football manager: Check

100%. You're good to go.
And I didn't even ponder the names.

I have diversity and inclusion coursing through my veins. It's second nature.

Any anyone who disagrees is a wet **** nancy ****.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here