Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night laughathon #unofficial# thread

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was hoping they'd lose more than a mere 10% of their seats :wink:

Perhaps the liberals do have a chance in your constit....

What a bizarre watch.

Finding myself nodding in agreement to most of her points and with her suddenly referencing us - ‘the disillusioned of Brighton’.

I wonder when exactly the lettuce rotted from a naive, positive, aspirational and optimistic entity into such a hateful, rancid, selfish, out-of-touch putrefaction of a decomposition? I suspect she came across some Tory pork markets and one of them got into her head.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well if you are going to be grump about it, I’ll stay away from the all-nighter party :lolol:

I’m waiting to hear back from Terry Jermy, (the Labour Candidate who will be standing against Truss) to put me to work. Now if you want a job telephone canvassing entitled Tory landowners and UKIP/Reform ‘not in my backyard’ anti-muslim voters, we could do with your acerbic and winning speeches up here 😎
If it were key to winning the seat, I'd get in my tractor and head off to Suffolk today.

That said, I am not sure I'd win any hearts and mind by suggesting that:

"the relative poverty that has manifested on the Suffolk farmsteads is not due to the arrival of Muslim Daleks, but is due to the loss of the massive farming subsidy you had been enjoying while we were in the EU, you self-centred narrow-minded numpty ****".

What do you recon? :wink:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If it were key to winning the seat, I'd get in my tractor and head off to Suffolk today.

That said, I am not sure I'd win any hearts and mind by suggesting that:

"the relative poverty that has manifested on the Suffolk farmsteads is not due to the arrival of Muslim Daleks, but is due to the loss of the massive farming subsidy you had been enjoying while we were in the EU, you self-centred narrow-minded numpty ****".

What do you recon? :wink:
I recon you’d be canvassing in the wrong County dear sir 🙄

I’m in South Norfolk, so is Truss 😎

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm on holiday that week with an American couple who we are touring the UK with. That night we will be in the Dales and, whilst I'll have my ear phones plugged in, I've a drive to Coniston next day so need to be awake. I'll give it up until 2am when the Tories have yet to win a seat.
As of this morning, 79 tory MP's have retired from politics. Talk about jumping before being pushed.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Anyone fancy some election night "and the votes are in from Narnia, and there has been a massive swing to the fauns, the White Queen appears to be f***ed already" election night hilario binfest thread? If so, I thought I'd put the marker down. Will bounce on the night (if still sober enough to remember as Sunderland south is the first to declare "they think it's all over, it is now, bonny lass"). :rave: :cheery::cool:
The Michael Portillo moment many years ago was great election night TV. With so many Tory MPs however no longer standing for election, which ones are actually left that could be ousted Portillo style? Gove already gone, Leadsom already gone, Tim Loughton already gone….

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Michael Portillo moment many years ago was great election night TV. With so many Tory MPs however no longer standing for election, which ones are actually left that could be ousted Portillo style? Gove already gone, Leadsom already gone, Tim Loughton already gone….
Truss.

Which reminds me. I haven't done me wordle yet...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I recon you’d be canvassing in the wrong County dear sir 🙄

I’m in South Norfolk, so is Truss 😎
But.....South Norfolk is Suffolk is it not?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'll be up all night. Just a shame that the Tory MPs are dropping like flies already.

Gove and Leadsom gone just this evening.

However the election canpaign has got off to a cracking start. No matter how bad my day has been I've never had to announce the almost certain loss of my job on live TV in the pouring rain without an umbrella. Glorious.
Gove - coke order - leaving do.jpg

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
But.....South Norfolk is Suffolk is it not?
No it is a completely different County- a bit early to be on the sauce H!

Truss is a Norfolk MP - I live in Norfolk not Suffolk. I should know, she’s my Constituency MP.

Past her in the street last week - I said to a few people who saw her walk by, that ‘she can sling her hook too’ - they all agreed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No it is a completely different County- a bit early to be on the sauce H!

Truss is a Norfolk MP - I live in Norfolk not Suffolk. I should know, she’s my Constituency MP.

Past her in the street last week - I said to a few people who saw her walk by, that ‘she can sling her hook too’ - they all agreed.
Sorry I'm not having it. Suffolk is simply a contraction of South Norfolk. I tweeted Chris Sutton and he agrees.

1716629648372.png

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry I'm not having it. Suffolk is simply a contraction of South Norfolk. I tweeted Chris Sutton and he agrees.

View attachment 182962
You are so WRONG 😝

The Constituency of South Norfolk (my Constituency, Lis Truss’s Constituency ) has no boundary cross over with Suffolk.

The new Constituency of Waveney Valley straddles both Suffolk and Norfolk but that is not Liz Truss’s Constituency of South Norfolk it is further East.

Seriously, as a political animal campaigning vociferously for Labour on NSC, you really should know your key opposition Constituencies H, or your Election Night Results celebrations extravaganza will descend into chaos. 😂
1716636435121.gif

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are so WRONG 🙄

The Constituency of South Norfolk (my Constituency, Lis Truss’s Constituency ) has no boundary cross over with Suffolk.

The new Constituency of Waveney Valley straddles both Suffolk and Norfolk but that is not Liz Truss’s Constituency of South Norfolk it is further East.

Seriously, as a political animal campaigning vociferously for Labour on NSC, you really should know your key opposition Constituencies H, or your Election Night extravaganza will descend into chaos. 😂
I must apologize. Here is the truth.

I miss-remembered the county. However I'm not one to just admit a mistake. So I thought I'd create a comedy narrative.

I screen shot a picture of Chris Sutton and added my own text, like the reporter interview on The Day Today who made up an interview with someone in the EU and Chris Morris sussed him out.

Unfortunately you didn't realize I was mucking about. I was mucking about. I thought it was amusing. Apologies. :down:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I’ll be pulling an all-nighter if I can, certainly not in bed before 4. As I’m retired it shouldn’t matter but my boy is getting wedded on the 6th so I need to reasonably awake/sober.
1997 I was a Labour candidate in the local election which was held the same day and after polling we all tootled off to a supporter’s pub for a long, and very enjoyable, lock in.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Which MP are people most hoping will lose their seat?

For me, it’s the snivelling little rat Jacob Rees-Mogg

John 'Whipping'dale (in my constituency) for me.

If he goes though, the Tories would probably be behind LibDem and SNP. So not at all likely.

Rees-Mogg would be a lovely moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here