Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night laughathon #unofficial# thread

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm happy to join the NSC overnight devotees. I may take the next day off as I am due some leave. So count me in.
I already have booked the Friday as a days holiday. I'm staying up all night to savour the Tory annihilation

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I already have booked the Friday as a days holiday. I'm staying up all night to savour the Tory annihilation
Same. Gutted Gove is stepping down but maybe there will be some other good Portillo moments….Rees Mogg would be sweet

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

They seem completely unprepared for this, it is going to be an amazing shitshow. 150 seats and rising where they have no candidates less than 6 weeks and ticking until vote day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’re digressing from the overnight nsc party.

But seeing as we’re talking about MP’s standing down, 100 Labour MP’s did in 2010. After Tories had led polling for 3 years. I suspect the pension is very attractive.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yes, and it’s very telling that a lot more will follow in the coming weeks and even days according to Peston and other sources. They’re going to lose bigger than 1997, is my prediction, despite Reform, SNP, Libs and Greens diluting the vote from disenfranchised Labour left wingers and Muslim voters

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
read an article last week that once the Tories have been decimated at the election, that an even further right wing fringe will take over (They want control over Conservative central party office that allocates who gets nominated foe each seat) they don’t seem to realise this country is generally a slight right of centre leaning (i.e the left wing of the Tories (aka Rory Stewart) or ‘New Labour’), if they go even more right wing they could be out of power for decades.

anyway it will be a fascinating few weeks but like the majority in the Uk— i have no real vote until we get some form of proportional representation (Horsham being in the Tories hands since time the Normans)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, and it’s very telling that a lot more will follow in the coming weeks and even days according to Peston and other sources. They’re going to lose bigger than 1997, is my prediction, despite Reform, SNP, Libs and Greens diluting the vote from disenfranchised Labour left wingers and Muslim voters

It’s been obvious to anyone who follows politics for 18 months. Mid 20%’s in polling (Corbyn only won 203 seats with 32%), the icing on the cake Reform splitting the Tory vote.

Just 100-125 seats is very feasible.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
The boy’s looking forward to it, he’s taking an interest in Politics in the last couple of years, he’s 15 now so he knows what’s going on. He’s a junior lefty which I like but before you say anything I’ve encouraged him numerous times to “have your own opinion, don’t just copy your old man” but he stands by it.
Am I right in thinking the exit polls are never wrong? If so I might just go up to bed with a cup of Horlicks and an arrowroot at 10:01

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
read an article last week that once the Tories have been decimated at the election, that an even further right wing fringe will take over (They want control over Conservative central party office that allocates who gets nominated foe each seat) they don’t seem to realise this country is generally a slight right of centre leaning (i.e the left wing of the Tories (aka Rory Stewart) or ‘New Labour’), if they go even more right wing they could be out of power for decades.

anyway it will be a fascinating few weeks but like the majority in the Uk— i have no real vote until we get some form of proportional representation (Horsham being in the Tories hands since time the Normans)
Horsham is a realistic Lib Dem target and they’re predicted a narrow win by the New Statesman’s predictor. Your vote may well count for something historic!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Having worked the election and count for more years than I care to remember, this year I will fire up the lap-top, cast the BBC to the tv and watch through the daytime!
It will be quite surreal not having to drive home bleary-eyed around 06.00am!

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Anyone fancy some election night "and the votes are in from Narnia, and there has been a massive swing to the fauns, the White Queen appears to be f***ed already" election night hilario binfest thread? If so, I thought I'd put the marker down. Will bounce on the night (if still sober enough to remember as Sunderland south is the first to declare "they think it's all over, it is now, bonny lass"). :rave: :cheery::cool:
Count me in H.

I’ll be reporting live from Liz Truss’s South Norfolk Constituency - if Norfolk turns, it will be a sign that the Tories have been utterly decimated :clap2::hilton:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I do wonder what will happen to the Tories after the election. If they carry on lurching further to the right, and engaging more with lunatic ideas like Rwanda and the war-on-woke, as opposed to traditional core values, I imagine a lot of their corporate donors will stop funding them and voters in middle class Tory areas will move towards the lib dems. If they carry on as they are they might get support from bitter morons in shit holes like Stoke and Burnley but this is all. Are there any One Nation Tories left in the party?

That said, f*** ‘em!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There was some very interesting analysis on Newsnight about how many ‘Corbyn voters’ from the last election were now supporting other parties or perhaps not voting at all. It seems Labour have dropped 7% of their voters from the last election. Quite a small percentage when you consider how many traditional Labour voters they have attracted back along with centrist floating voters.

And to those 7%, you are essentially supporting continued Tory rule by not backing the Labour Party (or the party most likely to beat the Tories on your constituency).

The people I admire are the hard left who have remained in the Labour Party and are determined to get Sir Keir into No.10 with a long term strategy of using the party’s internal democratic leavers to swing the leader, party and country more to the left. It’s going to have to be give and take between the ideological headbangers (who are never happy) and the pragmatic realists who are determined to stop endless Tory rule.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

They seem completely unprepared for this, it is going to be an amazing shitshow. 150 seats and rising where they have no candidates less than 6 weeks and ticking until vote day.

My election night Tories Out bingo card is going to have to be updated isn’t it!

IMG_4818.jpeg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Count me in. The spirit is willing, but there's no telling what the flesh might decide to do on the night.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'll be up all night. Just a shame that the Tory MPs are dropping like flies already.

Gove and Leadsom gone just this evening.

However the election canpaign has got off to a cracking start. No matter how bad my day has been I've never had to announce the almost certain loss of my job on live TV in the pouring rain without an umbrella. Glorious.
I find it very sad that this particular strain of toxic rat can just jump ship with all thier expenses, pensions, contacts and dodgy contracts. It would have been a small crumb of comfort to see some of the snivelling parasites utterly humiliated In the public eye.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Count me in H.

I’ll be reporting live from Liz Truss’s South Norfolk Constituency - if Norfolk turns, it will be a sign that the Tories have been utterly decimated :clap2::hilton:

I was hoping they'd lose more than a mere 10% of their seats :wink:

Perhaps the liberals do have a chance in your constit....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here