Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC review of the Albion finances (goes on a bit sorry)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agreed. The wage issue won't go away though in the PL.

In 2013/4 there were seven clubs bunched in the £60-70 million wage total (United and City both shelled out over £200 million, Manchester.....had so much to answer for).

This is before taking into consideration the new TV deal starting next summer, so Albion wages could quadruple next season and still be bottom half of the payout table).
I guess that's the reason for our expensive academy. We need to get that talent production line churning out quality players.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Palace have sold 70% and Bournemouth 25% of the club to such investors, who have no familiarity with the game, its history, heritage and place in the community

Hello Mr P, can you tell me how we(Palace) have sold 70%. There are so many conflicting articles, reports, forum discussions that I'm not sure what to believe. The general consensus was(until I got bored of reading) that Steve P keeps 18% and the other three, Browett etc drop to 15.8%?
I know you know your stuff, so just wondered if you knew the real figures? Thanks

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's the potential wage bill increase in the premier league that terrifies me. To quadruple it on a further gamble to stay up seems insane.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hello Mr P, can you tell me how we(Palace) have sold 70%. There are so many conflicting articles, reports, forum discussions that I'm not sure what to believe. The general consensus was(until I got bored of reading) that Steve P keeps 18% and the other three, Browett etc drop to 15.8%?
I know you know your stuff, so just wondered if you knew the real figures? Thanks

Hi, in the first draft of the thread I had put 18% but read last night it was 70%, which surprised me a lot.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...al-palace-deal-agreed-by-american-businessmen

To be honest the numbers seem to change every day so wait for an announcement from Parish to confirm.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Hi, in the first draft of the thread I had put 18% but read last night it was 70%, which surprised me a lot.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...al-palace-deal-agreed-by-american-businessmen

To be honest the numbers seem to change every day so wait for an announcement from Parish to confirm.

OK thanks, that's what I mean about the reports, they are all confusing. One article I read had all the percentages but when worked out they added up to 140% ???

Let's hope I was right in my original post, if his ownership of the basketball team is anything to go by, then its not good news.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
OK thanks, that's what I mean about the reports, they are all confusing. One article I read had all the percentages but when worked out they added up to 140% ???

Let's hope I was right in my original post, if his ownership of the basketball team is anything to go by, then its not good news.

It certainly seems an odd bunch of figures and can't fully grasp parish's stance of still having final veto on everything with an 18% holding

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think he's making a mistake letting them get involved. They don't have the interests of the fans at heart.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great analysis. Logic dictates that Bloom will spend big in the window.

A lot of doom and gloom in the figures, but I loved the £300K for Kayal. He might turn out to be the best value signing we've ever made.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It certainly seems an odd bunch of figures and can't fully grasp parish's stance of still having final veto on everything with an 18% holding

I think he's making a mistake letting them get involved. They don't have the interests of the fans at heart.

Agreed on both counts, time will tell.
Anyway I'm out before I'm accused of derailing thread, trolling etc but if anyone wants their drive tarmaced, pm me :wink:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Re "stick or twist" - the question, is surely, how long is Tony happy to lose £10m a year in the Championship? If it's for ever then fine, if he's getting sick of it then he's going to have to twist.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brilliant analysis as usual, thanks [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here