Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC review of Albion accounts 2015/16

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
£140 for Sky Sports? How do you manage that?
My total bill to Sky is just under £70 a month, that's all my packages including the Premium ones. Because of the way it's structured if I just cancelled Sky Sports my bill would go down by about £15 a month. Ergo Sky Sports costs me about £180 a year (£40 more than I said, apologies. Still worth it though).

BTW I've never cancelled and re-applied, I've been a Sky customer continuously for about 15/20 years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My total bill to Sky is just under £70 a month, that's all my packages including the Premium ones. Because of the way it's structured if I just cancelled Sky Sports my bill would go down by about £15 a month. Ergo Sky Sports costs me about £180 a year (£40 more than I said, apologies. Still worth it though).

BTW I've never cancelled and re-applied, I've been a Sky customer continuously for about 15/20 years.

Cheers. Thanks for the clarification. Thought I was missing out there!

I need fast broadband as lecture online from home a lot, so not keen on Sky as their customer service has a variable reputation.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Cheers. Thanks for the clarification. Thought I was missing out there!

I need fast broadband as lecture online from home a lot, so not keen on Sky as their customer service has a variable reputation.

Also smoother streaming of 'selected' sites :blush:

Anyway, you mentioned Matt Ritchie earlier, getting a better deal by dropping a division. Would Tommy Elphick come into that thinking too, going to AV?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Also smoother streaming of 'selected' sites :blush:

Anyway, you mentioned Matt Ritchie earlier, getting a better deal by dropping a division. Would Tommy Elphick come into that thinking too, going to AV?

Potentially. Villa's new owner appears to have more money than sense. If Tommy was sold for about £3 million then he would be on a slice of the deal and a decent wage. He signed for Bournemouth in 2012 when in League 1, but was given a pay rise in 2014 when agreeing a new contract in the Championship.

Whilst I suspect there would have been a promotion clause in the contract, Villa could easily gazump it.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Excellent stuff El Presidente.

This drop in match day revenue is important so why the hell they wind up there long term existing customers.

This is exactly why I could not get my head around the rudeness and lack of empathy I got from the club staff when I missed signing my daughter up by a mere 2 days for junior seagulls and her missing a free shirt.

lack of foresight and empathy = lack of income from mouldys bank account to the clubs bank account.

It's that old fashion saying don't forget who pays your wages!

No one cares that YOU missed a deadline and didn't receive something they were offering for FREE.

It's your fault that your kid missed out, no one else's, stop going on about it on a thread about the finances of the club, as it's got nothing to do with you missing a deadline that you had 7 years for!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read in yesterdays papers following the publication of the accounts we are likely to be in trouble if we do not get promoted. Is that correct or just bad reporting?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I read in yesterdays papers following the publication of the accounts we are likely to be in trouble if we do not get promoted. Is that correct or just bad reporting?

No trouble immediately as FFP is based on allowable losses over a three year period.......but I suspect the club will need to sell players to keep within the limit over the next two seasons.

On the plus side there will be an extra £1-2m coming in from Sky over the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a huge issue. There is good plagiarism software out there but rich students can still pay others to write assignment answers for them from scratch.

I get around this by setting questions that are not simply 'write an essay on the heart' type faff. And I give them a week to do it and 'by hand'. But to be fair, students at my place are by and large a decent lot who want to learn and be rewarded for their own work.

D

Deleted member 2719

No one cares that YOU missed a deadline and didn't receive something they were offering for FREE.

It's your fault that your kid missed out, no one else's, stop going on about it on a thread about the finances of the club, as it's got nothing to do with you missing a deadline that you had 7 years for!

Woo there tiger.

This is not about who's at fault, it's about who cares.

Customer retention is so important and it appears we have had a drop in that area, which is not great for revenue as El Pres quite rightly says.
Unless the ticket fees increase we lose revenue because of fewer customer's.

So to make it simple:

Poor customer retention ie lack of empathy and rudeness in dealing with a customer = no sales and poor customer to Suppliers relationship creating no more purchases.

Who wins???

PS don't worry about it your not missing any matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here