Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'NSC Clique'

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Does it still exist? A monster created from the days of NSC meet ups where people met and conversed in real life, but probably still referred to each other by their 'handles'.

So, is the 'clique' still alive and kicking? Or has a new 'anti clique' clique been formed? Has it become cool to believe that because you are able to post messages on a forum that differ in opinion to others it makes you more right? Is having a minority view suddenly more correct than the beliefs of the majority? Is it the right of every key board warrior to pig headedly defend a position they know to be untenable, but wish to retain their lofty status as a 'rebel'?

To my mind, the preaching from what was the 'clique' has died down to near nothing of late. but the vacuum of what remains has created something more terrifying... a group of mavericks who will argue a point regardless of their beliefs and will not listen to reason.

Some would argue this is the point of a forum.

Others will put their hands over their ears and say "LA LA LA LA" ad nauseum.

Where will it end?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where the hell is Hart's Shirt ? ???

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I heard a rumour and have heard reports of sightings of the said Clique meeting in the Nelson with lots of backslapping and bravado bursting into chants of "North stand chat la, la,la" watched by many a bemused Albion fan.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
fixtures

:p

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Goring Gull said:
I heard a rumour and have heard reports of sightings of the said Clique meeting in the Nelson with lots of backslapping and bravado bursting into chants of "North stand chat la, la,la" watched by many a bemused Albion fan.

Was there a secret password being whispered?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Brighton Bloke said:
Who were 'the clique'?

Barntit Seaweed and Gimpster, mainly

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
The Clique is dead, long live the Clique!

BB - I have no idea. Its just something those that get all high and mighty about being disagreed with keep trotting out (if that makes sense).

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Brighton Bloke said:
Trufflehound said:
Cliquety-clique: 666

Truffie we have our very own MB clique, that said would you want to belong to a clique of which you are a member?

You could always burn us as well then. I think I'd go up a treat.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
JPF ...JPF...JPF...JPF...JPF

what? :jester:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Brighton Bloke said:
Truffie we have our very own MB clique, that said would you want to belong to a clique of which you are a member?

On reflection, the only things about me that clique these days are my knees, every time I stand up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here