Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC BIG win cash giveaway competition - ROLLOVER !!!!11!!1!!!

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Half-time result: Draw
Albion goals: 3
Ipswich goals: 1
First Albion goalscorer: Bridcutt

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Half-time result: Albion
Albion goals: 5
Ipswich goals: 0
First Albion goalscorer: Bridge

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I may have read the rules incorrectly, but if the first Albion goal scorer is an own goal, then for the purposes of this competition, the next scorer will be the one recognised as "first scorer". So if it's 2 goals for the Albion and it's an own goal and then Barnes, Barnes would be the first Albion goal scorer.

a) one entry only, mister!
b) wouldn't the second albion goal scorer be "the first albion goal scorer" in that situation?

No, I don't think so. The scorer of the FIRST ALBION GOAL, isn't necessarily an ALBION PLAYER.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Albion goals: 4
Ipswich goals: 2
First Albion goalscorer: Greer

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Albion goals: 3
Ipswich goals:0
First Albion goalscorer: Hammond

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, I don't think so. The scorer of the FIRST ALBION GOAL, isn't necessarily an ALBION PLAYER.

Rule 4:
4. If the first goal is officially given as an own-goal it will not count, it will be the first Albion player to score that counts.

Backed up by
"First Albion goalscorer"
not "First Albion goal scorer"

The space changing it from the first goalscorer who is albion to the scorer of the first albion goal.

Probably a moot point, though. Rule 7:
7. Only one entry per user.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rule 4:
4. If the first goal is officially given as an own-goal it will not count, it will be the first Albion player to score that counts.

Backed up by
"First Albion goalscorer"
not "First Albion goal scorer"

The space changing it from the first goalscorer who is albion to the scorer of the first albion goal.

Probably a moot point, though. Rule 7:
7. Only one entry per user.

Bozza has confirmed that you are correct. I'll leave it though - I can still win if they are BOTH own goals!

This is my only entry, in this one.*

*although given the liklehood of TWO own goals, that's probably a moot point too...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bozza has confirmed that you are correct. I'll leave it though - I can still win if they are BOTH own goals!

This is my only entry, in this one.*

*although given the liklehood of TWO own goals, that's probably a moot point too...

I have you marked down as draw, 1,1,crofts in a previous guess, and titanic has moved from page 5 to page 4... Have you used your mod powers to delete it?

(or have I marked the wrong name some where?)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have you marked down as draw, 1,1,crofts in a previous guess, and titanic has moved from page 5 to page 4... Have you used your mod powers to delete it?

(or have I marked the wrong name some where?)

Yes - I put that, then realsied Crofts wouldn't be back, so deleted it, rather than editting it to a new guess at that stage (I decided to wait for later team news - just as well, as my next guess was Bruno!)

Sorry for the confusion!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes - I put that, then realsied Crofts wouldn't be back, so deleted it, rather than editting it to a new guess at that stage (I decided to wait for later team news - just as well, as my next guess was Bruno!)

Oh good. The alternative would have been having to go back through the pages to find out where I messed up my sheet...

I'm surprised by the number of people who put CMS and Bruno and Orlandi and Crofts.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
4-1 to us..... Dobbie

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why do people not mark half time?

(Meant that to somerset, before I saw SB's reply)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Half time... us
4-1 to us.....
Dobbie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here