Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC annual ghostwatch...halloween

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh...and my sighting was early evening in the autumn too.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It falls to me to start our annual Ghost thread...nights drawing in...the candle flickers..

My personal favourites from previous years...

The bloke who's brother bought a second hand jag and looked in the rear view to see an old bloke in a tan coat "slide across the back seat" nearly causing him to crash in shock...

The one from Ozmike where a phantom jogger appeared and asked him the time before vanishing...Stamner Park I recall.

Good old shockers.

I'll start us off this year...

I used to live in a house in Birkenhaed that was a post war build on the site of a row of large Victorian houses which had been flattened by the Luftwaffe trying for the Cammell-Laird shipyards.

I lived there for years and it always had a peculiar feel. My sister, mum and I would often spot someone looking over the bannister from the corner of our eyes, we would often call out as we thought it was one or other of us up there...needless to say there was never anyone up there to answer.

Things "came to a head around September of 1989 when I started to hear breathing in my room, I would lie awake terrified listening to this mans deep breathing in the middle of the night. We had a lodger at this time who announced one day that he was off after seeing a fair haired man standing next to his bed and nearly s**ting himself when the guy turned and disappeared.

Clocks would regularly reset ( even digital ones) to 2 o'clock and my girlfriend at the time refused to stay over after she saw someone through the frosted front door glass (she was banging thinking it was me) only for me to walk down the street straight afterwards...you guessed it the place was empty when we checked.

Even my arch skeptic best mate nearly threw a fit when he saw an old man in a dressing gown crawl silently past the spare bedroom door one night.

I left there in 89 and have never felt the urge to return.

Sleep tight NSC....mwah ha ha ha

And so you and your family still stayed there ??????? You got more balls than me mate Jesus !!!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I live with my brother, his fiancé and their mum

Anyway their nan died in her bedroom a few months ago

And on her mums birthday and his fiancés birthday, they same 3 pictures from that room have fallen on the floor!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
And so you and your family still stayed there ??????? You got more balls than me mate Jesus !!!

If it had all happened at the same time I agree but there were long enough gaps for it to creep up on you. My mum ended up giving the house back to the mortgage company and I moved out when I was 16

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Was reminded today, whilst listening to Danny Baker on BBC London, of an ouija session I took part in when I lived in a shared nurses house in Aldrington. A group of us sat giggling around the board whilst one of our housemates ( a midwife from Newcastle) who was very nervous sat and watched. After a lot of mucking around "you're pushing it" etc. etc. it started to spell out this girls name, she was asking who it was trying to contact her?..."G R A N D A D" comes the reply...If you're grandad she asks...where are you from?... "G A T E S H E..." "stop stop" she starts shouting ...my Grandad died 2 years ago and he was from Gateshead" ..thoroughly spooked and with her in tears we called it a night.

Now I was sharing a room with my Girlfriend at the time and we were woken at around 1 in the morning with what sounded like knocking coming from all over the ceiling, sounded like someone rapping in one corner and then quickly moving across to the other corner then right above us..double knocks...

We were both sitting there in the dark listening to this then I got out of bed thinking there was a pigeon or squirrel up in the roof space. When I opened the door I was greeted by the sight of the other couple who were on the first floor with us and a South African girl who had the box room all standing on the landing looking at the ceiling...the knocking was happening across the whole ceiling of the house. There was some shouting from the couple downstairs who had the room directly below mine as well as the Geordie midwife and another girl who lived downstairs as well all asking who the f*** was knocking on their ceilings in the early hours. It suddenly just stopped.

All of us, upstairs and down, had been woken by this weird knock knock knocking.

Yes, I did check the attic. No, there was nothing up there. It was completely refurbished and the joists were covered in hardboard. It was clean as a whistle. Not so much as an old suitcase or paint tin..

No - one slept that night.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Hi All,

Having had a strict scientific training, I guess you could call me a skeptic. I did however grow up in an old house in the centre of Shoreham, where odd things would happen.

When we were little, my sister would often tell us that "the old man had come in to talk to her" during the night. He used to sit and the end of her bed - she can't remember what they used to talk about, but she can to this today remember what he looked like. There was always a "presence" in the house - you never felt truly alone. Doors would swing open by themselves and on one occasion, a mirror once fell off a mantlepiece - when I say fell, it was at an angle of about 55 - 60 degrees to the wall, yet it fell forward, top over bottom, not slipped bottom first. It narrowly missed the head of a friend of my brother. He was bending down to pick up a piece of paper with his name written on it. Another time, a full bottle of wine standing in the centre of a table toppled over for no apparent reason.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Woooh-ooo...ghoulish and Ghosties and long legged beasties...it's that time again...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Anymore for anymore. It's become tradition on here..tis Walprgisnacht...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here