Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Norwich local rag view of Brighton next season[emoji848]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We aren’t very effective against teams that dig in that’s for sure.

We weren't very effective against teams that dig in last season, that's for sure. GP has to find something to keep the boys busy over the summer.

Glass half full :wink:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Probably right another season where we will hang around the bottom as it currently stands. Views might change one the transfer window is closed

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
if you don't watch us all the time it is probably a fair assessment of where we are at.

I look forward to surprising a few people in the next season or two.

Happy to stay under everyone's radar though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We weren't very effective against teams that dig in last season, that's for sure. GP has to find something to keep the boys busy over the summer.

Glass half full :wink:

The good news is we’re more than capable of giving a game (and beating) any of the big sides now.

So if we can crack beating the teams that low block (and in most cases, we battered them but couldn’t finish), we’re going to pick up a hell of a lot of points.

Definitely glass half full.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What's the problem with the article ?!??

Looks fairly spot on to me apart from the Ben White Star player bit.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

No problem. However, it is an article which tells Norwich fans everything they probably know already and nothing new. It could also be part of newspaper competition for budding young sports writers, 14-16 category.

Also, shouldn't we be 'previewing' something that is made and ready to go ? The transfers sections much be pretty dull reading.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Notable meetings - surely that should be the time we served them their arses on a plate 5-0

Hmmm but this is the local Norwich rag remember, they will just want to remind their readership of good memories, not bad ones.

As for the article, interesting that they seem to think Glenn Murray was on loan at Nottingham Forest prior to his retirement, when in fact he had signed for them permanantly.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Out - Glenn Murray

Seems this reporter is as up to date as Pritchards sat Nav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Didn’t know that it was Russell Martin on the phone to Pritchard…….

“Remember when...?
The story is that Russell Martin phoned Alex Pritchard, who was on the M25, heading for Brighton to have a medical ahead of a transfer. By the time the call had ended, the midfielder had had a change of heart and decided to move to Norwich. “I just left home. I wasn’t on the M25, I don’t know where that’s come from,” said Pritchard later. Brighton fans never forgave him.”

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Buendia gone. Skipp going back to Spurs. Grant Hanley still featuring in their defence. They need to spend some serious money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn’t know that it was Russell Martin on the phone to Pritchard…….

“Remember when...?
The story is that Russell Martin phoned Alex Pritchard, who was on the M25, heading for Brighton to have a medical ahead of a transfer. By the time the call had ended, the midfielder had had a change of heart and decided to move to Norwich. “I just left home. I wasn’t on the M25, I don’t know where that’s come from,” said Pritchard later. Brighton fans never forgave him.”

I imagine Pritchard regrets that decision big time and has had a few years to contemplate it. The 5-0 must have been traumatic for him and the two goals bouncing in off woodwork and Stockdale quite rewarding though

Bullet dodged for us

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not much to complain about there, but funny that the 'notable meeting' is the one time they have beaten us in the last five years- when our players were still pissed after securing promotion and Stockdale's back was their man of the match. I'd say this was more notable:

el punal

So you think "only just survived" is correct?

If my mind serves me correctly we only just survived by 13 points - bit like saying Norwich only just got promoted (10 points)...

I was about to post the same thing, and with our vastly superior goal difference, Fulham (being in 18th spot) would have had to win FIVE games and, for us to get bugger all, to overtake us. FFS!! Did this East Anglian rag actually check the final table and analyse maybe that we are better than they think? Up yours Delia’s Dumplings!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any local paper which covers a team promoted to the PL has to offer some hope to their readers that they can survive.

So #TeamsLikeBrighton are the goto when trying to suggest others who will struggle.

:shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was being obtuse.

I am looking forward to this thread being bombarded with screen shots of tweets from ‘deluded’ Norwich fans.

'looking forward' must be wondering what the hell it's doing in that sentence.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Transfer window opened three days ago. If you as a newpaper (I understand fans doing wild guesses but thats a different thing) is already make predictions about next season, you dont have all your horses at home.

Having been a past resident of Norfolk I can assure you those folk always have their horses (and pigs, chickens etc) at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here