[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Barnet 0 Solihull 2 at present. New name in the league if that holds.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Two home wins required for Worthing.

Anyway, I’m at Bognor v Folkestone, Folkestone chairman put his card behind the bar. Unlimited tab. Death isn’t very far away. Christ I’m gone.
I thought Braintree were going to bottle it, 2-0 up to then concede in the 90th and 92nd minute. But fortunately they went on to win in extra time and give the winner tomorrow a home tie for the final

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Little Common v Loxwood yesterday in the SCFL premier division where the home side finished the season on a high note after a 4-1 win
Was 2-1 with about 5 mins of time left when the referee sent of a Loxwood player while being substituted and sin binned another . There followed an unseemly altercation between the departing player and a few home supporters which the referee had to intervene .
All handshakes at the end though and a good afternoons entertainment for a very reasonable admission fee of just £6 (for an adult)

rsz_l6.jpg

rsz_l8.jpg
rsz_l9.jpg

rsz_1l7.jpg

boik

Was at the beacon where hassocks needed a point to assure a playoff place. They were playing Newhaven who were above them in the league. Won 5-1 despite having a man harshly sent off after 20 minutes. Enjoyable afternoon despite the weather.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Little Common v Loxwood yesterday in the SCFL premier division where the home side finished the season on a high note after a 4-1 win
Was 2-1 with about 5 mins of time left when the referee sent of a Loxwood player while being substituted and sin binned another . There followed an unseemly altercation between the departing player and a few home supporters which the referee had to intervene .
All handshakes at the end though and a good afternoons entertainment for a very reasonable admission fee of just £6 (for an adult)

View attachment 181458

View attachment 181459View attachment 181460

View attachment 181461
I bet opposition fans enjoy playing a team with " priceless tools " as their shirt sponsor.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I went to Lewes’ final game up in Haringey with @Hamilton and Pogue Junior, who lives in north London and goes to Haringey Borough with mates quite often.

4-0 to Lewes and it could have been many more. Haringey were unbelievably bad.

View attachment 181462
I see the assistant manager got booked 2 minutes after coming on without touching the ball. Did you see what he got booked for?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 5-0 Shoreham

Was as one sided as it sounds.

Bonkers start to the game as Crowborough went 1up and Shoreham went down to 10 men in the first 5 minutes. Cross came in from the right found it's way to Leo Vowels who looked certain to score but he blasted his shot against the underside of the bar, it bounced down and the keeper grabbed the ball. Steve Smith tried to bundle the ball home but just managed to bundle the keeper into the post. The Shoreham captain took umbrage to this and punched Smith on the jaw seen by everyone in the ground bar the referee it would seem. Huge melee ensues. Eventually after consulting his linesman he sends the Shoreham captain off. Said player is raging at the decision and has to be ushered off the field where he continued to threaten anyone in his way with round two. In the excitement I failed to notice that the game restarted from the centre circle so the linesman must have given the goal as well.

Credit to Shoreham they defended very well for the rest of the half but it was attack against defence. They held out until half time at 1-0. Second half was more of the same but as soon as Crowborough got their second about 10 minutes into the second half it was not if they were going to score again but how many.

Newhaven now in the play offs on Tuesday night. We've played each other twice (well 3 times if you include the abandoned game) and drawn both games so there is nothing between the sides. Going to be tense!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Crowborough 5-0 Shoreham

Newhaven now in the play offs on Tuesday night. We've played each other twice (well 3 times if you include the abandoned game) and drawn both games so there is nothing between the sides. Going to be tense!
I’m not sure what has happened at Newhaven at the end of this season, 9 goals conceded and 1 scored in the last 2 matches. They definitely didn’t look like a team second in the table when they got hammered at home by Steyning 2 weeks ago.
I didn’t go yesterday but losing 5-1 to another top 5 team probably hasn’t done their confidence any favours.
I’m sure Crowborough will win this match on current form, especially with home advantage.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I went to Lewes’ final game up in Haringey with @Hamilton and Pogue Junior, who lives in north London and goes to Haringey Borough with mates quite often.

4-0 to Lewes and it could have been many more. Haringey were unbelievably bad.

View attachment 181462
I saw the earlier game at Lewes. One of the great songs “Sing if you’re Harin-gey, sing if you’re happy that way-hey”.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..

View attachment 181458

View attachment 181459View attachment 181460

View attachment 181461
'Priceless Tools' think they would look good on Chelsa shirts!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I saw the earlier game at Lewes. One of the great songs “Sing if you’re Harin-gey, sing if you’re happy that way-hey”.
The Haringey fans were great and sang throughout. Several unique songs , the one you mention plus ‘Hurry Up Harry’ renamed ‘Haringey Borough’, and ‘Get off of my cloud’ rejigged for their player Mick McCloud.

A very friendly and welcoming club. Their fans expected them to be heavily defeated, but were there for the craic.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I see the assistant manager got booked 2 minutes after coming on without touching the ball. Did you see what he got booked for?
The fact that Tony allowed this sub to happen would have me cancelling his ticket to Lake Garda if I were on the Lewes board. Absolute embarrassment.

Bring on next season.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
The Haringey fans were great and sang throughout. Several unique songs , the one you mention plus ‘Hurry Up Harry’ renamed ‘Haringey Borough’, and ‘Get off of my cloud’ rejigged for their player Mick McCloud.

A very friendly and welcoming club. Their fans expected them to be heavily defeated, but were there for the craic.
I've always thought the Haringey fans are good value when they visit the Pan. I was very tempted to go this one, I couldn't manage it in the end, but I do like an away game in London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports