[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Very enjoyable (in the end) 4-1 win for Lewes at home to Haringey Borough. We were probably the better team in the first half but too open and went into the break 1-0 without creating a lot. Scored a minute or two into the second from Whelpdale close finish and he made the difference with another goal and a bit part in the second

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fantastic news for Sussex football tonight as Horsham YMCA FC had their application for a 3G pitch approved.
Yes indeed, l was at the HDC Planning Committe Meeting last night, and it was all very tense, we really didn't know which way the vote was going to go. Fortunately common sense prevaied in the end, and by a vote of 15 to 4, with 2 abstentions, we finally have approval for our pitch!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Yes indeed, l was at the HDC Planning Committe Meeting last night, and it was all very tense, we really didn't know which way the vote was going to go. Fortunately common sense prevaied in the end, and by a vote of 15 to 4, with 2 abstentions, we finally have approval for our pitch!
Just out of curiosity, what were the reasons against? Football wise I can sort of understand it, but non sporting wise?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I note Burgess Hill have drawn a lot of games this season. Looked the club backed Cox in the summer in letting him bring in virtually a whole new team of players.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went to Whitehawk v Margate in the Velocity Trophy last night, good 3-1 Win for the hosts after falling behind. Former Brighton 1 appearance wonder Mitch Walker in goal looks a superb signing, that despite gifting the first goal, made up for it with a string of superb saves.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was the openly traded rumour on Saturday gone that a failure to win v Littlehampton would mean curtains..
Spoke to one of the directors during the game - obvious he was going, though to be fair it's been coming for a while I think. Deeply unimpressive from what I've seen anyway

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just out of curiosity, what were the reasons against? Football wise I can sort of understand it, but non sporting wise?
A 100 year old ash tree held up proceedings, it has a preservation order on it and it couldn't be felled, no one could be sure how far under the pitch the roots go.

Admitedly it is currently a magnificent looking tree, although who knows what the future holds, over 90% of trees die from ash die back anyway.

Fortunately common sense prevailed. Football 1 Tree 0.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
A 100 year old ash tree held up proceedings, it has a preservation order on it and it couldn't be felled, no one could be sure how far under the pitch the roots go.

Admitedly it is currently a magnificent looking tree, although who knows what the future holds, over 90% of trees die from ash die back anyway.

Fortunately common sense prevailed. Football 1 Tree 0.

Where will YM play in the meantime once the work starts or Will it be a case of getting it done in the summer season

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
FA Trophy 4th Round Draw

1.png

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
big news

Starting on 1.1.24 I will be undertaking a special quest:

To go to a game at every football ground in Sussex within the calendar year (From SCFL Divison 2 upwards)

There are 59 clubs that fit the criteria but due to ground shares that number comes down to 55 (with a * against Chichester City who appear to be currently sharing with Bognor but hopefully moving back soon)

I am starting on the 1st Jan with Eastbourne Borough vs Worthing and taking it from there

Stay tuned as I will be documenting the journey

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see Russell Martin foundation have permission to redevelop Old Barn Way What a pity Southwick FC could not be accomadated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports