Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Heading down to this today, have been told no pitch inspection planned so looking forward to a competitive local Derby

No pitch inspection does seem rather optimistic given the Hawk’s Tuesday home match was called off due to waterlogged pitch and it seems like it’s hardly stopped raining since then.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No pitch inspection does seem rather optimistic given the Hawk’s Tuesday home match was called off due to waterlogged pitch and it seems like it’s hardly stopped raining since then.
I thought the decision is usually made when the referee turns up and inspects the pitch.
Seems like the Whitehawk twitter page mentions at 10am the game is on, pitch was probably fine then but it’s rained all morning.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
To Worthing supporters.. What happened to big signing Glen Rae He only seems to have played one game

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hawks into the third round of the FAT with 700 odd present today. Now the big teams enter. Southend United at home ?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Whitehawk match went ahead v Lewes. Home side won comfortably 3-1 in the end. Crowd of more than 700 - probably could have been greater had they given more publicity to the match being on

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
IMG_2149.jpeg
Bracknell town 0-3 Horsham into the third round of the trophy

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Wellies at the ready! . . . l travel in hope rather than expectation, another 3 points for your boys today l fear.

You were right. When it comes to YM and the fixtures you can pretty much predict quite accurately where the wins and the defeats will come.

I've only really taken a fairly recent interest in the Southern Combination Premier Division. Was it more competitive in the past?

I see YM have tasted relative success in the not too distant pass, with promotions and some local cup wins.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I understand the draw for the FAT3 is tomorrow.

This is the wonderful thing about having a non league club. You hold on to the excitement. I'd love to see Southend or Barnet or such BIG teams at Hawks. Torquay, maybe.

Not Worthing though. Please not Worthing (if they are still in it).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
(Unless I’ve been whooshed) Worthing were knocked out on penalties yesterday by Frome.
No, I am the King of Woosh. I genuinely didn't know. It's a relief is that.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1.png

2.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You were right. When it comes to YM and the fixtures you can pretty much predict quite accurately where the wins and the defeats will come.

I've only really taken a fairly recent interest in the Southern Combination Premier Division. Was it more competitive in the past?

I see YM have tasted relative success in the not too distant pass, with promotions and some local cup wins.
Yep the Southern Combination, (or Sussex County League as was), was infinitely more competitive and saw a superior grade of football until fairly recent times.

Alas at Horsham YMCA we are in something of a hiatus at the moment, and l can't see too much improving on the playing front until we receive approval of our planning application for a new 3g pitch, which will be, God willing, early next month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here