Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Albion2.jpg

Come and see Gary Dicker bring his young guns to the Birchwood (Shooting Field). Get your tickets in advance here. Up the Albion (although for this night it's going to be Up the Barrowmen!).

It's going to be a great night.

And this Saturday the Barrowmen host in-form high-flying Crowborough. It should be a good game .......

Table1.jpg

Plenty of interest in all these teams on this thread. It could be an interesting season!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
View attachment 169007

Come and see Gary Dicker bring his young guns to the Birchwood (Shooting Field). Get your tickets in advance here. Up the Albion (although for this night it's going to be Up the Barrowmen!).

And this Saturday the Barrowmen host in-form high-flying Crowborough. It should be a good game .......

View attachment 169008

Plenty of interest in all these teams on this thread. It could be an interesting season!
See you there chap 👍🏼

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
George Dowell has a decision to make on FA Cup first-round weekend.

The owner of Worthing is due to become a father on the day the non-league club make a first appearance at this stage of the competition since 1999.

Does he stay behind in Sussex to be at his girlfriend's side when Jessica gives birth to the couple's first child?

Or does he make the 420-mile round trip to Alfreton for Worthing's biggest FA Cup tie for 24 years?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67187936

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hmmmm. If that is the choice then there is no decision to be made.
Spoiler alert: he's staying.

"I can't miss the birth," he said. "I've arranged for a live stream so I can watch it on my laptop back in Worthing."

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The Emirates FA Cup - First Round Proper:
Friday 3 November 2023

19:45 - Barnsley vs Horsham

Saturday 4 November 2023
15:00 - Alfreton Town vs Worthing
15:00 - Notts County vs Crawley Town

(Selected fixtures involving Sussex clubs)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
View attachment 169007

View attachment 169008

Just grabbed my ticket

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Emirates FA Cup - First Round Proper:
Friday 3 November 2023

19:45 - Barnsley vs Horsham

Saturday 4 November 2023
15:00 - Alfreton Town vs Worthing
15:00 - Notts County vs Crawley Town

(Selected fixtures involving Sussex clubs)
Which clown put Horsham at Barnsley on the Friday?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
South Yorkshire Police. Sheffield United and Doncaster are at home on Saturday and along with others things like it bonfire season they've cited issues with resources.
Thanks

Not sure that makes much sense either given who the other two are playing distance wise, shame for Horsham fans really!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Visited Kingstonian AGAIN last night, to see the Hawks of Whitehawk take on the K's in the FA Trophy, and thanks to some atrocious finishing from Kingstonian, they cruised to 4-0 victory. The second goal coming in the same vein as Elvis Manu's screamer against Crawley in pre season a few years back. The win means they set up a tasty Trophy tie against Lewes at the enclosed ground on the 18th November, international break so I imagine they'll get a decent crowd in for the local derby. Game number 60 for me this season.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Back on the wireless tomorrow after a 14 and half year hiatus 😂, covering Alfreton vs Worthing in the FA Cup for BBC SCR, hopefully the Rebels can make it through to the second round for the first time in 41 years 🤞 and banking 41 grand in the process 👍

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Barnsley have taken the lead against Horsham…
BUT Horsham have equalised! A great goal for those travelling fans.

Horsham have got a penalty!
And they've scored, they are now leading against Barnsley.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bad day for Sussex clubs in the FA Cup.

- Crawley Town pipped 3-2 at Notts County.
- Worthing crashed to a bitterly disappointing 2-0 defeat at Alfreton Town.

Just got the Horshies to support in their replay with Barnsley in their first round replay. Again, a tremendous result and I hope the tie is on TV.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Horsham will play at home to Barnsley in the FA Cup first round replay on Tuesday 14th November.

The winner of that match will play at Sutton United in the second round between the 1st and 4th of December.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Crowborough came out on top on Saturday in first v second in the SCFL Premier League. A deserved win from a team that looks that. A proper team. Steyning had their moments but the better team won. First defeat for the Barrowmen in the League. Need to bounce back!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Horsham will play at home to Barnsley in the FA Cup first round replay on Tuesday 14th November.

The winner of that match will play at Sutton United in the second round between the 1st and 4th of December.
We will are going to see a completely revitalised Barn sley n ext Tuesday evening, previously Horsham were a completely unknown quantity, but now they will know just what to expect..

The only things that could b e in the Hornets favour are the tightness of the ground, the 3G playing surface, and errr . . . the Lardy Boys.

I know the potential of a more winnable 2nd Round tie at Sutton is there, but in reality it's the 1st Round Proper that is the Holy Grail for clubs like Horsham, reaching it, banking some serious money, and enjoying their 90 minutes in the sun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports