Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Frenetic start to the game at Steyning last night. It was a big match for both sides, Peacehaven looked confident, moved the ball, and pressed well and energetically. Two evenly matched sides - but the better chances were created by the Barrowmen who led by a penalty at half time. Two further goals in the second half settled it - with Peacehaven scoring with a penalty with the last kick of the game. 3-1. A deserved victory. The Barrowmen up to second. Still undefeated in the League.

Albion U21s are at Steyning on Wednesday the 14th November in the Sussex Senior Cup. It's a big night for the Club.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Frenetic start to the game at Steyning last night. It was a big match for both sides, Peacehaven looked confident, moved the ball, and pressed well and energetically. Two evenly matched sides - but the better chances were created by the Barrowmen who led by a penalty at half time. Two further goals in the second half settled it - with Peacehaven scoring with a penalty with the last kick of the game. 3-1. A deserved victory. The Barrowmen up to second. Still undefeated in the League.

Albion U21s are at Steyning on Wednesday the 14th November in the Sussex Senior Cup. It's a big night for the Club.
Oh good glad it was moved from the 7th as I will on a ferry that night, and I can make sure I make it my 3rd consecutive year of attending every Brighton senior cup game, should start giving me loyalty points at this point.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Oh good glad it was moved from the 7th as I will on a ferry that night, and I can make sure I make it my 3rd consecutive year of attending every Brighton senior cup game, should start giving me loyalty points at this point.

@Dick Knights Mumm - is this true? The Steyning website (news section) still says Wednesday November 8th, and "Wednesday the 14th November" is not actually a real date? I'm confused. :shrug:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sorry - your confusion is all down t me!

Wednesday 15th November 7.30 pm ko. Website should all be correct now. Thank for spotting that!

One more correction to make, I think:-

Steyning.jpg

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
First visit to The Polegrove for me last night for an RUR 2nd round cup tie between Bexhill United and Oakwood ,replayed due to floodlight failure on Sept 12th .
Looked a fair turnout for a low key fixture with both sides struggling in their respective leagues and also missing influential players
The home side had the best of the goal scoring chances but what the Oakwood defenders couldn't block their keeper and captain Andrew Greaves dealt with assuredly .
With the score level at 0-0 on 90 minutes a penalty shootout was required to separate the teams .
And it was Bexhill's young keeper Fin Holter on loan from Eastbourne Borough with 3 saves from 4 shots that saw his side through to the next round .

rsz_oak1(1).jpg

rsz_oak2(1).jpg

rsz_oak3.jpg

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Good game at Lancing today saw the home side comfortably winning against previously unbeaten league leaders Three Bridges. Off pitch entertainment provided by the Lancing supporter in shorts, goggles and snorkel

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Good game at Lancing today saw the home side comfortably winning against previously unbeaten league leaders Three Bridges. Off pitch entertainment provided by the Lancing supporter in shorts, goggles and snorkel

I live quite close to the ground and could hear lancing fans quite a lot today. Need to get down to a game soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here