[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Entertaining First Round FA Vase trophy match against Reading City. Two evenly matched sides separated by two excellent goals from the Barrowmen. It was a Hawks double for the first - cross from Nathan Cooper and an incredible header from Harry Shooman. City pulled one back at the end, but the Barrowmen defended their lead. The Reading squad were off into Brighton for the night. Seemed like a good set of lads.

In other news in the draw for the next round of the Sussex Senior Cup …… it’s BHAFC (U21s) v Steyning. Played at Steyning to allow local clubs to make some revenue from the draw. What a Club.

So you’re all invited!

Jun 2, 2023
Feel for Horsham.
1st round FA cup match and it’s been moved to a Friday night, absolute joke.
Infuriating, was planning on doing the road trip on the Saturday with my ten year old. No chance of doing it on a Friday after school and making kick off. I expect the rescheduled date has reduced the Horsham travelling support by about 500 people. South Yorkshire Police decision apparently, as all of the local clubs at home on the same weekend.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Infuriating, was planning on doing the road trip on the Saturday with my ten year old. No chance of doing it on a Friday after school and making kick off. I expect the rescheduled date has reduced the Horsham travelling support by about 500 people. South Yorkshire Police decision apparently, as all of the local clubs at home on the same weekend.
It's an absolute joke.

SYP have a lot to answer for - and not for the first time.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There's a ground-hop weekend at the SCFL this weekend:

Friday 27th
SHOREHAM v CROWBOROUGH ATH. 7.30pm

Saturday 28th
PAGHAM v STEYNING TOWN 11.00am
BOSHAM v JARVIS BROOK 2.15pm
SELSEY v ROFFEY 5.45pm

Sunday 29th
WICK v OAKWOOD 11.00am
BILLINGSHUST v EAST PRESTON 2.45pm

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Took my 3 year old to get first ever game and despite the rain she enjoyed Lewes finest performance in years. Beat Enfield Town 4-0
Lewes were excellent on Saturday. They looked in total control of the whole game against a decent side, and scored some nice goals as well.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
He has joined them on non-contract terms so presumably they aren't paying him anything.
I think the non contract means he's free to leave at any time, but they'll still pay him a match fee, maybe win bonus etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports