[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Was also at Crowborough Haywards Heath but only for the second half. I understand the first half Crowborough were guilty of not taking their chances and paid the price as HH scored on the break. So was 0-1 at the interval.

Second half Crowborough came out the blocks quickly and scored a cracking equaliser. Perfectly weighted through ball to Murrain who could slot it past the keeper first time. Crowborough then either took their foot off the gas or HH up their game, probably a bit of both. The game totally flip flopped HH were well on top and looked very dangerous especially from set pieces. Crowborough defended very well and when they did get out of their half looked like they could go on and get a winner.

That winner did come but was very harsh on HH IMO. Cross in from a free kick, both players were wrestling with each other and both end up in a heap on the floor, ref gives a pen. Ollie Hyland who won said pen gave a cheeky smirk to the fans behind the goal which probably tells you all you need to know. John Sinclair blasted it down the middle to put the Crows 2-1 up with about 10 to go.

The game settled down for a bit then and it looked like Crowborough would hold out for the win. HH had one last push and threw everything including the kitchen sink which made for a very uncomfortable last 4 mins but hold on they did. Four wins on the bounce, four points clear at the top. Still not sure it's going to last but I'm enjoying whilst it is.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Travelling to Clapton CFC v Clapton for the inaugural El Claptico between the old club and the new club, and of course Ground 260. Should be a tasty occasion.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Was also at Crowborough Haywards Heath but only for the second half. I understand the first half Crowborough were guilty of not taking their chances and paid the price as HH scored on the break. So was 0-1 at the interval.

Second half Crowborough came out the blocks quickly and scored a cracking equaliser. Perfectly weighted through ball to Murrain who could slot it past the keeper first time. Crowborough then either took their foot off the gas or HH up their game, probably a bit of both. The game totally flip flopped HH were well on top and looked very dangerous especially from set pieces. Crowborough defended very well and when they did get out of their half looked like they could go on and get a winner.

That winner did come but was very harsh on HH IMO. Cross in from a free kick, both players were wrestling with each other and both end up in a heap on the floor, ref gives a pen. Ollie Hyland who won said pen gave a cheeky smirk to the fans behind the goal which probably tells you all you need to know. John Sinclair blasted it down the middle to put the Crows 2-1 up with about 10 to go.

The game settled down for a bit then and it looked like Crowborough would hold out for the win. HH had one last push and threw everything including the kitchen sink which made for a very uncomfortable last 4 mins but hold on they did. Four wins on the bounce, four points clear at the top. Still not sure it's going to last but I'm enjoying whilst it is.
Apparently Jay Lovett has left the Haywards Heath hot-seat and joined Eastbourne Borough.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Travelling to Clapton CFC v Clapton for the inaugural El Claptico between the old club and the new club, and of course Ground 260. Should be a tasty occasion.

Which side have the Clapton Ultras gone with? The new one? What's the story with the split do you know?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The new one, something to do with a dodgy owner, basically wanted to turn the ground into housing, but the Community club won a court case to gain rights to the stadium.

Thanks. Assumed it was going to be something along those lines as such a recurring theme with smaller football clubs

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Watched a fairly non-eventful 1-1 draw between Arundel & Billingshurst

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Whitehawk 5 - Crowborough Athletic 2 in Sussex Senior Cup last night.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
What kind of side did Crawley put out? Strong?
Sooty seemed to think it was a reasonable line-up. Not sure what Sweep would have to say about it!

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 08.45.00.png

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Really enjoyed my trip to Clapton CFC with a late late late winner for the hosts to win it deep in injury time. Deeply political which I love, old school ground and a really good local beer. Two Ultra groups as well (like Marseille 😂) but both were fantastic, 750 people in there as well for a step 6 (10th Division) game, which was superb to see.
IMG_7600.jpeg

IMG_7615.jpeg

IMG_7602.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7606.jpeg
    IMG_7606.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone here considering Beveren v Rooks on December 12th? Two days before the visit of Marseille, yet I'm seriously considering a jaunt to make some new East Flanders friends, plus gorge myself on moules frites and lashings of La Chouffe.

Edit - Basically the trip to the Stade Velodrome has given me a taste for this shit.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Anyone here considering Beveren v Rooks on December 12th? Two days before the visit of Marseille, yet I'm seriously considering a jaunt to make some new East Flanders friends, plus gorge myself on moules frites and lashings of La Chouffe.

Edit - Basically the trip to the Stade Velodrome has given me a taste for this shit.
Do you know what time kick off is? I'm seriously considering going if I can get hold of a car but I have no holiday days left...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports