[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Fa Trophy yesterday Westfield 3 Leatherhead 1 att 231 more Leatherhead than home fans . A sports centre ground 1 seated stand behind Goal . Across the park Southend were taking Woking apart . I promise i didn't ask any Woking fans the score as i sat in the Pub after .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Horsham YMCA drawn at home to a side we have never played before in the next round of the FA Vase on Sat week, Eversley & California.

From the Combined Counties League rather than the MLS. Just as well there are no replays as the club wouldn't be able to afford to travel to it!

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Brighton & Hove Albion may not be playing today, but there is still a great selection of local football with the FA Cup fourth qualifying round today:
  • Aldershot Town vs LEWES (15:00)
  • HORSHAM vs Dorking Wanderers (15:00)
  • WORTHING vs Bath City (15:00)
The winners will progress to the first round proper of the competition, where they could play the likes of Derby, Portsmouth and Reading.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion may not be playing today, but there is still a great selection of local football with the FA Cup fourth qualifying round today:
  • Aldershot Town vs LEWES (15:00)
  • HORSHAM vs Dorking Wanderers (15:00)
  • WORTHING vs Bath City (15:00)
The winners will progress to the first round proper of the competition, where they could play the likes of Derby, Portsmouth and Reading.
Worthing have a very good chance. Near to rounds of big bucks. £9k if win today and £40k to winners of 1st round games.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Peacehaven v Eastbourne Town (or possibly United) 3pm

Might make it my first match of the season although I don’t really feel it at the moment.

NB don’t travel to this if you live outside BN10 as the coast road traffic is horrendous at the moment.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Off to Whitehawk FC vs Hashtag United (yes it is a really silly name). Sun is shining so should be a good afternoon

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Peacehaven v Eastbourne Town (or possibly United) 3pm

Might make it my first match of the season although I don’t really feel it at the moment.

NB don’t travel to this if you live outside BN10 as the coast road traffic is horrendous at the moment.
Peacehaven are playing Town, Newhaven are away at United.
I was going to watch Newhaven away but went to work in Peacehaven this morning and took ages to get home. The A27 is closed at Lewes all weekend and there are no trains between Lewes and Eastbourne.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Aldershot v Lewes for me today, mainly to tick the ground off (259). Should be a good encounter, and as they call it. A proper cup tie.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Off to see Chatham v Carshalton. I haven't been since the double promotion so a chance to see a higher level of football.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just about to head to the Pilot Field to see Hastings United v Wingate & Finchley in the Isthmian Premier. The home team badly need a win today.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Worthing have a very good chance. Near to rounds of big bucks. £9k if win today and £40k to winners of 1st round games.
Totally out of touch with non league budgets per season but what would £40k mean to Worthing?

Edit - quick scan shows an operating profit for last 3 seasons with the most recent being £40k

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
I went to Hailsham v Ferring in the SCFA Intermediate Cup . Finished 3-2 to Ferring after Hailsham led 2-0 early in the second half.
Scrappy game not helped by a bumpy pitch.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The results for the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup have arrived, and there will be 3 teams from Sussex in the first round proper:
  • HORSHAM won 2-0 against Dorking Wanderers; it was a proper "cupset" as their local rivals are placed two leagues above!
  • WORTHING defeated Bath City by the same scoreline, a comfortable victory against a side from the same league.
  • CRAWLEY TOWN are also in the draw however they didn't have to compete today as they are in EFL League Two, the fourth division.
The only unsuccessful team was Lewes who lost 4-1 against Aldershot Town - the draw will be at 2:30 on the Sunday, televised by ITV1 :thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
4th league defeat in a row for Hastings United today. They were pitiful and found themselves 0-3 down to Wingate & Finchley after 51 minutes. They rallied to make it 2-3 which is how it ended, but that was largely due to Davide Rodari. 941 in attendance.

PF.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports