Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Next up in the Cup ….. Maidstone at home …… preparations begin! A massive game in the history of the club.
I've admired the unbeaten start by Steyning Town and their excellent FA Cup run, including that incredible upset against Hadley.
This has been deserved, and I hope the players enjoy their upcoming match against Maidstone in front of an incredible crowd!
COME ON THE BARROWMEN! :D

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I've admired the unbeaten start by Steyning Town and their excellent FA Cup run, including that incredible upset against Hadley.
This has been deserved, and I hope the players enjoy their upcoming match against Maidstone in front of an incredible crowd!
COME ON THE BARROWMEN! :D
It's been remarkable. Kev Green has done a great job in building the squad and it's togetherness. We have two players from Whitehawk, Nathan Cooper and Harry Shooman, who have really raised standards and expectation. It's a pleasure watching them - not least because they are so evidently enjoying it. There are parallels with the Albion tbh.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I know eyes will be at Old Trafford but should anyone be interested .........
Maid-1Small.jpg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Kings Lynn v Southport for me today, after losing 12 games in a row, Southport have won their last two. Could be a good contest.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was at a roasting hot Pilot Field this afternoon, but it was worth it to see Hastings United score twice in stoppage time to beat Haringey Borough 2-1 having been behind since before half time. Another impressive crowd of 1,183 in attendance. Hastings now up to 5th and just a point off top.

pf1.jpg

pf2.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lewes lost 3-1 at home to Folkestone Invicta. Better of the game first half but didn't really take our chances. I'll let the players off as I was covered in sweat just from queueing at the bar before kick off

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Sweltering trip up to Kings Lynn, to watch them take on Southport in the National League NORTH. My colleague is a Southport fan so I was in the away end (31 att head count). A dominating first half saw Southport 4-0 up at HT, before Kings Lynn pulled one back early second half and then not a lot happened after that. Three wins on the trot for Southport, under new manager Jim Bentley, an outsider for the playoffs. Nice little ground for the level and not a million miles away from Brighton.

IMG_6859.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sweltering trip up to Kings Lynn, to watch them take on Southport in the National League NORTH. My colleague is a Southport fan so I was in the away end (31 att head count). A dominating first half saw Southport 4-0 up at HT, before Kings Lynn pulled one back early second half and then not a lot happened after that. Three wins on the trot for Southport, under new manager Jim Bentley, an outsider for the playoffs. Nice little ground for the level and not a million miles away from Brighton.

View attachment 166271
A shame they didn't extend the Thameslink a bit further north from Peterborough, it would seem even closer!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If anyone is thinking about the BIG match at Steyning on Saturday - online tickets are on sale here.

Another great result on Saturday - 7-1 at home to Little Common who we go above in the table. The Barrowmen are one of three undefeated teams in the SCFL Premier division. It's the RUR Cup v Montpelier Villas on Tuesday where our management team are up against their previous club. Then the next BIG match on Saturday. The Stones are in town. The weather is set fair so if you looking for a great atmosphere, and a team playing confident, progressive football with a smile on their face - come to the Shooting Field.

It's the second (or four) qualifying rounds on Saturday. It's such a tough competition to get to the First Round proper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here