13897eca-641e-4c8c-ab2a-0473ce0c2c07-copy.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 44

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Couldn't make it in the end. Was the scoreline a comprehensive as it sounds?
Bexhill had a couple of chances in the first 10 minutes with one shot scrapping the bar but they were a bit sloppy and the back and were 2 nil down by half time .
2nd half the "Crows" were the better side and thoroughly deserved all 3 points however it certainly wasn't a one sided game as the scoreline might suggest .
Crowborough did look like a well organized outfit and with 3 wins in 3 games could be a dark horse in the SCFL Premier division this year with a chance of making the play offs as I believe that it is 2 up this year with play offs for 2-5 place , can't confirm that though and of course it is early days .

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bexhill had a couple of chances in the first 10 minutes with one shot scrapping the bar but they were a bit sloppy and the back and were 2 nil down by half time .
2nd half the "Crows" were the better side and thoroughly deserved all 3 points however it certainly wasn't a one sided game as the scoreline might suggest .
Crowborough did look like a well organized outfit and with 3 wins in 3 games could be a dark horse in the SCFL Premier division this year with a chance of making the play offs as I believe that it is 2 up this year with play offs for 2-5 place , can't confirm that though and of course it is early days .
Nice one. Thank you.

Will be a big ask to be honest. As you probably saw last night they are a relatively young side with a few older heads. They don't pay anyone so if they keep playing well I'm sure clubs will be sniffing around some of the lads with the lure of a few quid. It's happens every season yet a lot of the lads do tend to end up coming back so they are obviously doing something right.

That said they've managed to pretty much keep the entire squad from last season with one big omision a lad called Jacob Lambert. He was there two seasons ago when we were in SCEFL after he got released from Tonbridge Angels. He tore up the league and ended up going to the highest bidder at the end of the season which was Sheppey. Had a great start there and Gillingham were sniffing around him so they put him on a long contract. Things didn't work out and he fell out with the boss there. He came back dual signed last season and has been at a couple of games watching this. He wants to sign apparently but can't get out of his Sheppey contract. If they can get that resolved then I think play offs could be achievable.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yes I believe it is a proper play off this year, hopefully makes the league a lot more competitive. Crowborough have always been a decent outfit whenever I’ve watched them. Surprised about Bexhill they seemed like dark horses themselves the last couple of years, but I think a lot of decent players have jumped ship. Personally think Steyning will be the winners, with Loxwood and Shoreham getting relegated, good that the league is so open this year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes I believe it is a proper play off this year, hopefully makes the league a lot more competitive. Crowborough have always been a decent outfit whenever I’ve watched them. Surprised about Bexhill they seemed like dark horses themselves the last couple of years, but I think a lot of decent players have jumped ship. Personally think Steyning will be the winners, with oxwood and Shoreham getting relegated, good that the league is so open this year.
I'm just gald you didn't mention those four letters YMCA when it came to your tip for the drop! although already l foresee another tough season ahead for our boys, two draws in our first couple of ;eague games, and then an oh so disappointing defeat to Epsom & Ewell in the FA Cup last Saturday. We finished 12th last season and l really don't sede us bettering that this time around if l'm honest.

As you say l think the SCFL wsill be wide open this year, just as it was last when Broadbridge Heath were champions, who could have predicted that at the start of the season? the two Eastbourne sides are always competetive, as are Peacehaven and Newhaven, Crowborough and Steyning as already mentioned, even Crawley Down and the newly relegated Haywards Heath, l can see the winners cming from one of those clubs.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Yes I believe it is a proper play off this year, hopefully makes the league a lot more competitive. Crowborough have always been a decent outfit whenever I’ve watched them. Surprised about Bexhill they seemed like dark horses themselves the last couple of years, but I think a lot of decent players have jumped ship. Personally think Steyning will be the winners, with Loxwood and Shoreham getting relegated, good that the league is so open this year.
Bexhill have lost Top scorer Evan Archibald to Eastbourne Town and have been missing Skipper Tom Vickers due to 3 match suspension after a straight red in the last game of 22/23. Also under new management after Ryan Light called time after 7 fruitful seasons.
Been given a tough draw in the 2nd Q FA cup away to Ramsgate who I see have signed Joe Taylor from Lewes , top scorer in the Isthmian Premier last season with 30 goals .

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Reminds me of a match back in our Withdean days, when l got chatting to a Scotsman from Stirling. I've come down to see what the other Albion are like he said, it's a magnificent set up you have here.

If he was that impressed with the Withdean, it got me wondering what Stirling Albion's Firthbank Stadium might be like.

Perhaps one day l should pay a visit. It won't be up and back in a day though!
Sadly its an unremarkable new build in an industrial estate, the old place Annfield is long gone. Still some wonderful old stadiums around though. Yet to get to Brechin which is a classic.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sadly its an unremarkable new build in an industrial estate, the old place Annfield is long gone. Still some wonderful old stadiums around though. Yet to get to Brechin which is a classic.
Brechin are now playing in the Highland League, but when playing in the SFL Glebe Park was the only ground in the league that sported a hedge l believe!

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be schlepping up north tomorrow FOR MY SINS to watch the Rooks at Kingstonian (at Tooting & Mitcham). Very much looking forward to the promise of the Jerk Shak. Any decent drinking establishments round there? Or, dare I say it, around East Croydon?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'll be schlepping up north tomorrow FOR MY SINS to watch the Rooks at Kingstonian (at Tooting & Mitcham). Very much looking forward to the promise of the Jerk Shak. Any decent drinking establishments round there? Or, dare I say it, around East Croydon?
Was going to attend but managed to bag ticket to see the Hives at Chalk tomorrow, the Jerk Shack is superb. Not much around there I’m afraid, Croydon probably a better bet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At last, a long awaited away win for Horsham YMCA tonight, 2-1 at newly promoted Shoreham.

Very early days obviously, but rather as l did with Luton on Saturday l really do worry for Shoreham this season, and hope they can maintain their status in the top division of the SCFL.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Reminds me of a match back in our Withdean days, when l got chatting to a Scotsman from Stirling. I've come down to see what the other Albion are like he said, it's a magnificent set up you have here.

If he was that impressed with the Withdean, it got me wondering what Stirling Albion's Forthbank Stadium might be like.

Perhaps one day l should pay a visit. It won't be up and back in a day though!
Decent ground, will be there on Friday for the cup tie v Aberdeen. University of Stirling play their Lowland League games there too.

Attachments

• 1000005330.jpg
    1000005330.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 34

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports