Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Too little too late for a playoff push? I'm back in for Brightlingsea.
I think we'd probably have to win nearly every game. Which isn't beyond the realms of possiblity especially if Razz gets 100% fit. He still looks a little unsure about sprinting at the mo

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Are Worthing still challenging for promotion.
2157CA03-C556-4D4B-A992-B15DA8472ED5.jpeg

They’re in the running but not exactly challenging

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I was at Crowborough yesterday to witness Horsham YMCA's latest defeat, our sixth on the bounce, this time by 2-0. Not too bad you might say, but in reality it could have been a hatful as the home side missed chance after chance, with YM defending stoutly but offering precisely nothing up front.

In almost an act of desperation Dean Carden YM's manager decided to play himself from the start, he didn't make the 90 minutes though, being sent off before the end for receiving two yellow cards.

We are sliding down the table alarmingly, thank the Lord for Roffey and Alford, both adrift at the bottom of the table, or we could be in serious trouble of relegation.
Think you are doing both clubs a bit of a dis-service there. Crowborough were excellent first half then only thing you could grumble about was that it was only 1 at half time. Second half was a bit more scrappy but certainly more even. Took a last minute penalty to secure the points.

I will agree that you looked pretty poor upfront though. Think the Crowborough keeper only had one save to make all game.

On the subject of the keeper....walking to the club house after the game talking to some old boy he claimed his MOM to be the Crowborough keeper.....not sure what game he'd been watching but it wasn't the same one as me.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Went to Worthing 2-3 Bath City yesterday.

Strange game, first half Worthing totally dominated, got an early goal from a penalty, Bath offered nothing.
Second half, totally the reverse, Bath battered Worthing from the off and went 3-1 up. Worthing had a player sent off at 1-1.
Worthing only offered anything in the last 5 minutes.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Went to Peacehaven v Corsham Town in the FA Vase Quarter Final ..... 1-1 at full time with Corsham through to the semis on penalties. Corsham were the bigger, stronger side, heavily reliant on set pieces, long throws and penalty area bullying ... decent crowd

E4DF0033-C8B3-45CC-BBE1-18A2815BECFE_1_201_a.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Went to Peacehaven v Corsham Town in the FA Vase Quarter Final ..... 1-1 at full time with Corsham through to the semis on penalties. Corsham were the bigger, stronger side, heavily reliant on set pieces, long throws and penalty area bullying ... decent crowd

View attachment 158219
Sad for Peacehaven, would love to have seen them progress in the Vase, they have a good social scene going on down there, and have been a strong side in the SCFL for several seasons now.

Plus l love the views up into the Downs, always a good afternoon out.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think we'd probably have to win nearly every game. Which isn't beyond the realms of possiblity especially if Razz gets 100% fit. He still looks a little unsure about sprinting at the mo
I think it could be close. If Lewes win their game in hand in the week, they'll be 5 points behind Canvey Island and will still have to play them twice.
You're right though, they can't afford any slip ups.
Hopefully it will an exciting end to the season.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Worthing's poor run of form continued yesterday losing 2.3 at home to Bath City.

3 points from the last 12 available despite taking the lead in all 4 matches and the 4th worst defensive record in the division have put any involvement in the play offs under threat.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Went to Little Common V Crawley Down yesterday and could see why the visitors are currently 3rd in the SCFL premier division and pushing Newhaven and Broadbridge Heath for top spot . Best game I've seen at that level for many a year . The home side took the lead in the 44th minute ( Sam Ellis ) pic 2 .
However Crawley Down upped the tempo in the 2nd half and eventually secured all 3 points with an added on time winner .

Attendance disappointing , maybe 80 if you count dogs on leads

Attachments

• cd1.JPG
    cd1.JPG
    865.9 KB · Views: 39
  • cd2.JPG
    cd2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • cd3.JPG
    cd3.JPG
    874.7 KB · Views: 35

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Went to Little Common V Crawley Down yesterday and could see why the visitors are currently 3rd in the SCFL premier division and pushing Newhaven and Broadbridge Heath for top spot . Best game I've seen at that level for many a year . The home side took the lead in the 44th minute ( Sam Ellis ) pic 2 .
However Crawley Down upped the tempo in the 2nd half and eventually secured all 3 points with an added on time winner .

Attendance disappointing , maybe 80 if you count dogs on leads
Many Little Common residents prefer to watch nearby Bexhill think, they can get some really big crowds there.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Went to Lewes last night. 2-0 win against bottom side Brightlingsea Regent. It was a pretty poor game to be honest. Brightlingsea were probably the worst team I've seen at the Pan in the last 3 seasons. Lewes are good enough to put 5 or 6 past them, but in the second half they managed 1 shot.
The win is the main thing though as it closes the gap on the playoffs to 3 points. The 2 games against Canvey Island are the key. I think the other games are all winnable. Beat Canvey Island next Tuesday and I think the playoffs are genuinely on.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Went to Lewes last night. 2-0 win against bottom side Brightlingsea Regent. It was a pretty poor game to be honest. Brightlingsea were probably the worst team I've seen at the Pan in the last 3 seasons. Lewes are good enough to put 5 or 6 past them, but in the second half they managed 1 shot.
The win is the main thing though as it closes the gap on the playoffs to 3 points. The 2 games against Canvey Island are the key. I think the other games are all winnable. Beat Canvey Island next Tuesday and I think the playoffs are genuinely on.
Jayden Davis looks a shrewd acquisition. Regent were awful, you're right.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Thumbs up to the Southend fans on Saturday who went to Wrexham. On our homeward bound trip from Leeds we were joined by a few coach loads of Southend fans at Watford Gap services. Good turnout for a team in the lower league I'd say.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I can’t remember ever seeing a team with absolutely no ambition or belief that they might score a goal, or even get out of their half, than Brightlingsea last night. They defended quite well, but Lewes didn’t really go for it after being two up quite early on. So yes, it was dull.

Kudos to the 3 away fans - god knows how they thought it would be a good use of their time to travel for that. I hope they are ardent and regular travellers. There’s a book to be written about that.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah wasn't a great game and agree about Brightlingsea but the win was key. We've thrown away 2 goal leads before against average teams, have a small squad and a lot of games coming up and need to win them all. I think we played it around and safe to try and lure them forward but the opposition's lack of urgency prevented us.

I'd settle for an easy and boring 2-0 home win tonight

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went down to the enclosed last night to watch Whitehawk take on Chatham in a playoff only clash. Very competitive match that saw the Hawks score the only goal of the game through Luke Robinson. Setting up a big finale for the season with top team Ramsgate still to play with only 4 points separating them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here