Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Decent game in the early kick today between Burgess Hill and Sittingbourne, Hill winning 2-1 after dominating the first half but hanging on in the second. Some bizarre reffing added to the entertainment.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Shoreham 2-0 Selsey from a very cold Middle Road. Scrappy game but a deserved win.

Godalming (a) in the quarters of the SCFL Div 1 cup.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Shoreham 2-0 Selsey from a very cold Middle Road. Scrappy game but a deserved win.

Godalming (a) in the quarters of the SCFL Div 1 cup.

Very attritional game at The Sportsfield this afternoon, Littlehampton running out 1-0 winnders against Three Bridges. LA definitely finding their feet at this level, three points outsite the play-offs - although that would be a bit of a double edged sword to be honest, there's no way they are set up for the Isthmian Premier!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Worthing at Havant and Waterlooville was amazing, what a performance, and I would have been happy with a draw, and not overly disappointed if they’d won, they’re 2nd in the league. Worthing sussed them out and tore them to bits. Fans were great too.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Worthing at Havant and Waterlooville was amazing, what a performance, and I would have been happy with a draw, and not overly disappointed if they’d won, they’re 2nd in the league. Worthing sussed them out and tore them to bits. Fans were great too.

Unreal turnout. Was in the queue for beers at about 12 (from the one corner that had a licence :rolleyes:) and honestly about 75% of the colours I saw were Worthing.

For a team that’s second in the league, with Portsmouth not playing, cheap tickets for other team ST holder, their support was w*nk. Really makes you appreciate what Worthing have.

Stayed near the only bar for the second half and enjoyed getting a bit mouthy with every goal. Mildly surprised I didn’t get twatted, certainly had a few chants at me :lolol:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Was at Whitehawk v Ramsgate. 3rd v Top. Hawks could’ve gone top with a win but lost 1-3. Shame because it was a cracking atmosphere with a crowd pushing 500. I’ve seen them play much better this season but probably closer than 1-3.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Was at Whitehawk v Ramsgate. 3rd v Top. Hawks could’ve gone top with a win but lost 1-3. Shame because it was a cracking atmosphere with a crowd pushing 500. I’ve seen them play much better this season but probably closer than 1-3.
Yes, the fans performed better than the team - although at 1-1 I was sure the Hawks would go on to win.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Another exciting weekend of Groundhopping led me to the Dagenham away end, to watch Torquay get a hard earned 1-0 win against the Daggers. Dogged performance from 35 year old Mark Ellis, and a calamity goal to win it. I hot footed across the East End to catch Barking v Takeley in BALTIC conditions as the home side won 1-0 with a goal direct from a corner. I even met a Chinese groundhopper at Barking, who was catching some 9th Tier action. Went to Wycombe on Sunday to tick off ground number 228, as never managed to make it with Brighton.

Off to Blyth tomorrow with my mate who supports Southport, before heading back to Brighton via Northwich Victoria to stay with a university friend and take in a game there. Gillingham v Dagenham on Thursday night in the FA Cup, before our Under 21s on friday night and then Lewes for my Birthday on Saturday. I'll be off to the women on Sunday before Lewes away at Carshalton and Worthing at home to Weymouth on the Tuesday to hopefully fulfil 8 games in 8 days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Another exciting weekend of Groundhopping led me to the Dagenham away end, to watch Torquay get a hard earned 1-0 win against the Daggers. Dogged performance from 35 year old Mark Ellis, and a calamity goal to win it. I hot footed across the East End to catch Barking v Takeley in BALTIC conditions as the home side won 1-0 with a goal direct from a corner. I even met a Chinese groundhopper at Barking, who was catching some 9th Tier action. Went to Wycombe on Sunday to tick off ground number 228, as never managed to make it with Brighton.

Off to Blyth tomorrow with my mate who supports Southport, before heading back to Brighton via Northwich Victoria to stay with a university friend and take in a game there. Gillingham v Dagenham on Thursday night in the FA Cup, before our Under 21s on friday night and then Lewes for my Birthday on Saturday. I'll be off to the women on Sunday before Lewes away at Carshalton and Worthing at home to Weymouth on the Tuesday to hopefully fulfil 8 games in 8 days.
Reading your posts tire me out Jack they really do

Much more enjoyable than a trip to the gym though.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
For anyone who was going Lewes- Canvey Island this Saturday kicks off at 1pm now, so that the away fans and club can get home in time for the WC game

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
4D1FC7B9-8B6B-4F8B-8156-A4A0F32BA7A3.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For anyone who was going Lewes- Canvey Island this Saturday kicks off at 1pm now, so that the away fans and club can get home in time for the WC game
Will also save on the electricity bill at the Dripping Pan too, with a 1pm kick-off they may just get away with not having to sitch the floodlights on.

3pm kick-off times are certainly becoming an issue in the Southern Combination with all teams being told that they can now bring Saturday kick-offs forward an hour to 2pm for that very reason. Much to the relief of all of us at Horsham YMCA! Both teams involved in the games need to be agreeable to it of course.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

They’ve called the Blyth game off lol, Spennymoor here I come.

Last edited:

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Having won comprehensively at Havant last week, Worthing are getting soundly beaten by Ebbsfleet tonight. With a couple of minutes to play, it’s 0-6 to the league leaders!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Having won comprehensively at Havant last week, Worthing are getting soundly beaten by Ebbsfleet tonight. With a couple of minutes to play, it’s 0-6 to the league leaders!
Well that was what you call being brought back down to earth. Then again, Ebbsfleet are head and shoulders, and knees and toes, above anything else in the league. Full time, with some seriously good players, mostly with recent football league experience, having been brought in.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here