Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Watched the Wrexham v Farnborough cup game live on SC4. The 4-1 score line doesn’t really reflect the Hampshire sides performance. The game was in the balance until Wrexham pulled away with 3 late goals.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I did make the trip to Chatham this afternoon and, although the result went against us, I was not disappointed. What an incredible set-up they have there, a real reminder of how far Littlehampton have come in such a short space of time to be playing at venues like that. The game was a tight one, Chatham making it 8 straight home league wins this season with a close range finish that the visiting team were very unhappy about - I think they must have been claiming offisde, but as it was up the other end I'm not too sure. Just shy of 700 there, which is actually on the low side for Chatham. A real sense of community about the place, cracking club house, food outlets and even what looked like low-level corporate hospitality.
Fantastic set up there, a real highlight last season, enjoyed at the game I went to they just kept the televised game on around the pitch by the bar so you could occasionally check. Overall great set up

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whitehawk threatening promotion this year. This makes me happy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What sort of crowds are you getting this season? I may venture over next Saturday.
Variations. But I would expect 400 for a Saturday match at the moment.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I went to watch Hastings United beat Corinthian Casuals 3-0 yesterday to move 5 points off the play-off places, but it was all overshadowed by ground issues - It's costing an unsustainable £120k a year to maintain The Pilot Field, the main stand has 2 years left at best before H&S condem it, a ground share agreement has now been made with Eastbourne Borough and Hastings Borough Council want the club to stay where they are whcih would cost in the region of £6M to redevlop which nobody has, rather than move to a site the club want to build on. All looking very bleak now.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
At Bromley FC now (great clubhouse Btw) watching Lewes Women giving Palace a proper shoeing so far (0-4 at HT).

A dozen or so of their black-clad goons gathered behind the goal have already treated the modest crowd (obviously containing a high % of women and young girls) to their usual Dunk song including the c*** verse. Classless as ever :tosser:

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
I am going to the Lewes v Wingate and Finchley match on 17th December.
It's been a long time since I went to the Dripping Pan, can you still POTG or do you have to buy tickets in advance?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
It's been a long time since I went to the Dripping Pan, can you still POTG or do you have to buy tickets in advance?
Couple of Lewes STH’s on this thread who’ll be able to answer, but I’d be surprised if it’s not POTG at that level.

Good point for Shoreham yesterday away at Epsom (who actually play in Leatherhead). Now 6 points behind them (they’re top) with 2 games in hand and still unbeaten in the league.

Selsey at home next Sat in the SCFL Div 1 cup.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have been a couple of times this season and paid cash on the gate, you can also pay by card, think it’s £13. You can buy tickets in advance on the Lewes FC website and save a £1, your ticket goes on your phone and advance ticket holders go in through a separate turnstile.
Inside the ground the bar and food kiosk is card payment only.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Two home games for Steyning Town this weekend. Saturday second in the table Broadbridge Heath are in town for a 3pm KO in the SCFL Premier Division. It was a tough November for the Barrowmen - see here but still sit in sixth. Just.

Sunday the women are at home to struggling Maidstone United in the L&SEWFL Division One South. A win is needed for the Barrownesses.

5-1 win for Worthing against 2nd in the league Havant. Wow. Just wow!

Up there as one of the best Rebels away performances I've seen. Would have snapped your hand off for a draw before the game.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
5-1 win for Worthing against 2nd in the league Havant. Wow. Just wow!

Up there as one of the best Rebels away performances I've seen. Would have snapped your hand off for a draw before the game.

First away game of the season. Unreal performance, weathered the storm at 3-1 and then killed them on the counter.

Stayed in the 1/4 of the ground you could drink in for the second half. Got a few comments celebrating the goals but what a performance.

Class support from the Fanatics. Roll on Dover :clap:

Attachments

• 692A0F90-996A-4A4A-91F6-0CA1535715BE.jpeg
    692A0F90-996A-4A4A-91F6-0CA1535715BE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here