Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm not going to call the lad out by name on here, but I've seen him play quite a few times for Littlehampton this season and it's fair to say that his brain sometimes takes a little while to catch up with what his legs are doing.
Any word on whether the offender has been arrested? I’d imagine criminal charges are a very real possibility.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Any word on whether the offender has been arrested? I’d imagine criminal charges are a very real possibility.
Think it’s a bit rich coming from Epsom to tell people they need to have criminal charges brought on the player, when one of their players assaulted a referee last season, and still plays for them. The challenge is very very very poor, but the game is in play, where as the Epsom player flat out assaulted someone and did not have criminal charges brought on him.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I mean, that's not going to happen is it? When Roy Keane 'tackled' Alfe Inge Haaland he got a £5,000 fine and three-match suspension. Although the comments in his book got him a further £150,000 fine and five-match ban for suggesting it was intentional and profiting via sales.

I'm going to tomorrow's Albion game with a mate of mine who works for the FA's discplinary panel, so I will be interested to hear what theoretical punishments are available to hand down in cases such as these.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I mean, that's not going to happen is it? When Roy Keane 'tackled' Alfe Inge Haaland he got a £5,000 fine and three-match suspension. Although the comments in his book got him a further £150,000 fine and five-match ban for suggesting it was intentional and profiting via sales.

I'm going to tomorrow's Albion game with a mate of mine who works for the FA's discplinary panel, so I will be interested to hear what theoretical punishments are available to hand down in cases such as these.
I’d also be interested to know. Surely if the player made a formal complaint to the police, with the evidence available, an assault charge would be likely.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I’d also be interested to know. Surely if the player made a formal complaint to the police, with the evidence available, an assault charge would be likely.
A quick dive into my daughter's A-Level Law book has led me to the following:

"It’s not uncommon for injuries to occur to sportsmen and women while playing sport. Unfortunately, the risk of injury is a recognised part of participating in sports and athletics.

Some sporting injuries occur as a direct result of negligence, and cannot be attributed to the usual accepted risk of the sport concerned. Where sports injuries are sustained because of someone else’s negligence, a claim may be made for compensation for personal injury.

In some cases, criminal cases may follow a sporting incident that resulted in someone’s injury. For instance, a dangerous tackle in a football match, or a punch thrown in a sporting contest, can result in assault charges. In such instances, the conduct may be deliberate (to cause physical harm). In other cases, it will be negligence."

So, in theory, yes - but as the guy appears to have (luckily) avoided injury it seems extremey unlikely.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Not many of you on here will have followed national league north but I mates involved and it has been stressful.

The last day of the season was crazy. At one point Chorley were winning 3-1 at Gloucester with about 20 mins left. This saw them sitting 4th in the table and Gloucester in 12th. Gloucester had a remarkable come back and scored a last kick winner to win 4-3. This took Gloucester to 7th and Chorley ended up 12th.

Meanwhile Kidderminster made it 6 wins in a row from April 1st to make the play offs in 6th place but one point from 8th.

My mate is now managing Brackley after a very strange season where my other mates were sacked as Brackley managers after the clubs greatest ever season finishing second and losing in the play offs. Roger Johnson and Stephen Ward (formally of us) took over but it went sour and they were sacked as dropping out of play offs looked possible. My mate who is captain of Brackley and best centre back in the league is injured and was put in temporary charge.

In the week we conceded a 98th minute equaliser after coming back from 1-0 down against Gloucester but won on pens. Yesterday we had Chester away and we won. Disgraceful scenes at the end with Chester fans throwing stuff into the Brackley fans and little kids being terrified. We don’t normally have segregated crowds in that league. Some supporter’s busses were also damaged.

Kiddie beat kings Lynn who finished a very comfortable second just missing the title 4-1 away so the final is Brackley hosting a kiddie side who have won 8 on the bounce.

It is going to be some ride next Sunday!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Someone has made a spread sheet of the predicted league allocations for next season

A trip to Jersey and European football for @Cowfold Seagull or a trip to Guernsey for @Roadrunner ?

Good to see the team at my Uni halls Shelley FC back in the National League System.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Someone has made a spread sheet of the predicted league allocations for next season

A trip to Jersey and European football for @Cowfold Seagull or a trip to Guernsey for @Roadrunner ?

Good to see the team at my Uni halls Shelley FC back in the National League System.

Do you know why Jersey Bulls may be playing in the SCFL Premier and not Epsom & Ewell that won their play off match?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Did Jersey with Crowborough when we played them in the cup last season. Great setup they have there and a thoroughly nice set of people. Get very good crowds as well (~1k).

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Yeah, I clocked that over the weekend. Would be an amazing opportunity if that's how it pans out.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Do you know why Jersey Bulls may be playing in the SCFL Premier and not Epsom & Ewell that won their play off match?
I believe it’s because their “home” ground’s location is counted as being Gatwick Airport now, as opposed to Heathrow and there’s room in the combined counties for Epsom and Ewell which is closer to London.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I'm guessing Copthorne have been promoted to SCFL D1 instead of Jarvis Brook because of ground requirements, but why has no teams from the Mid Sussex League been promoted?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
One in my collection
F67C4F09-BEB3-46D3-951C-52A74D983005.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here