Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
[tweet]1493971028695044096[/tweet]
I'm hoping I'll be able to get to this [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION]

Oh man. Sorry [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] my Albion/football mojo has been seriously depressed so I hadn’t even checked in here for ages :(

Annoyed as had wanted to have a good reason to start doing my local grounds. Aiming for games at Ruislip, Harrow Borough and Wealdstone before end of season.

Will let you know when if I do.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oh man. Sorry [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] my Albion/football mojo has been seriously depressed so I hadn’t even checked in here for ages :(

Annoyed as had wanted to have a good reason to start doing my local grounds. Aiming for games at Ruislip, Harrow Borough and Wealdstone before end of season.

My old stomping ground - lived in South Harrow until the mid 70's and developed my love of football standing on the terraces at Lower Mead Stadium to watch Wealdstone who I still have a great soft spot for. Their trials and tribulations with grounds is so similar to ours.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

No worries, let us know :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My old stomping ground - lived in South Harrow until the mid 70's and developed my love of football standing on the terraces at Lower Mead Stadium to watch Wealdstone who I still have a great soft spot for. Their trials and tribulations with grounds is so similar to ours.

Grovesnor Vale in Ruislip is their home now :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Best wishes to Littlehampton tomorrow in their FA Vase Quarter Final versus the favourites North Shields at the Sportsfield.

Joe Benn or no Joe Benn, l've a feeling in my water that the Marigolds could well do it.

Sorry l don't have a Littlehampton scarf, so this one will have to suffice. :albion2:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Best wishes to Littlehampton tomorrow in their FA Vase Quarter Final versus the favourites North Shields at the Sportsfield.

Joe Benn or no Joe Benn, l've a feeling in my water that the Marigolds could well do it.

Sorry l don't have a Littlehampton scarf, so this one will have to suffice. :albion2:

I'll echo this. Best of luck LA

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

I'm going to this, in preference to the Liverpool game. There were only 200 tickets left out of a capacity of 2,245 yesterday, so it will be our biggest crowd since 1991. North Shields are bringing 200, some of them Newcastle fans staying in the south after their game at Saints yesterday, before heading on to Chelsea on Sunday.

It's going to be pretty epic, just hope everyone behaves themselves as the locals do have a bit of history in the Vase.... I'm convinced that Joe won't be playing as his arm was in still a sling last Saturday, but we managed to get past Brockenhurst with a fairly 'scratch' side in the last round. Shields are favourites on paper, but it's all to play for. I'm sure they won't have played too many games in the sort of atmosphere which awaits them tomorrow.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm going to this, in preference to the Liverpool game. There were only 200 tickets left out of a capacity of 2,245 yesterday, so it will be our biggest crowd since 1991. North Shields are bringing 200, some of them Newcastle fans staying in the south after their game at Saints yesterday, before heading on to Chelsea on Sunday.

It's going to be pretty epic, just hope everyone behaves themselves as the locals do have a bit of history in the Vase.... I'm convinced that Joe won't be playing as his arm was in still a sling last Saturday, but we managed to get past Brockenhurst with a fairly 'scratch' side in the last round. Shields are favourites on paper, but it's all to play for. I'm sure they won't have played too many games in the sort of atmosphere which awaits them tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.hastingsunited.com/news...-planning-delayed-again-by-local-authorities/

This afternoon Hastings United have been informed by our planning consultants that our planning applications for both The Pilot Field and our new stadium complex at Tilekiln will not be heard at the committee planning meeting set to take place on Wednesday 23rd March. This is despite assurances from The Local Authority that this would be the case. To put this in context both outline Planning Applications were submitted in October 2020, nearly 18 months ago.

Today’s excuse given was that the Planning Officer requires more ecology reports despite these being provided to the council many months ago.

Hastings United Co-Owner and Director Daren Burney: “In 35 years of property investment and developing I have never experienced any outline application taking such time, or the number of reports and information being sought in such a disorganised manner. Politics are in play here and no wonder the town lags behind most other seaside towns when the Council does not seem to have the ability or will to deliver major schemes bringing significant economic growth and improvement to the town.”

Hastings United would like to report that the cost of both planning applications runs into tens of thousands of pounds funded by the owners and with the continuous delaying tactics the scheme costs has risen substantially making the scheme much harder to deliver. We must now seek all options to find a new stadium relocation as there is no confidence that the local authority wants to assist the club despite the Football Club continuously looking to deliver for the local community.

Billy Wood, CEO: “Over the last three years the club has significantly grown the football and community engagement offering in this town, two key examples being our free weekly sessions for ages 3-6 years of age every Saturday and our project with local not-for-profit Eggtooth led by Sally Greig, delivering free well-being football sessions for women aged 16+ who may not have engaged previously, giving them a space to enjoy exercise and feel comfortable in a social environment. We have over 300 plus boys and girls playing football in our youth teams and find it a constant a struggle finding facilities due to the sad decade upon decade decline of sporting facilities in this town. This project gives this town the opportunity to put so many wrongs right, but we constantly seem to be offered a spanner in the works right at the death of every date we get given. We are moving with purpose, committing to on the pitch success with both our Men’s and Women’s team striving for honours, plus our Under 23s crowned Sussex Cup Winners this year. The crowds we are getting on average over 1,000, including lots of families per game this season, the engagement locally and the swell of support need to be recognised by the council and the planners. With this latest information, we will be calling a meeting with our supporters to discuss the clubs next steps as we cannot and will not allow the lack of drive by our council to stop the hard work and desire, we have to deliver success to this town via the vehicle of Hastings United Football Club.”

Hastings United will update supporters in due course.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Big crowd, big game, big result, 1-0, for the golds. Hamworthy, Loughborough Students and Newport Pagnell left in. BIG chance to now win this.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Big crowd, big game, big result, 1-0, for the golds. Hamworthy, Loughborough Students and Newport Pagnell left in. BIG chance to now win this.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

Is the semi still two legs? Agree great chance to win now.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Is the semi still two legs? Agree great chance to win now.

Pretty sure the semi is a single legged affair. Well deserved win for the Golds today, better team on the day against the supposed favourites. Brilliant scenes in the clubhouse afterwards, really starting to believe it might be our year! Loughborough, Newport Pagnell and Hamworth (Poole) are the potential semi final opponents.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Horsham 2 Brightlingsea 3 . Att 963 ,a wonderful set up . Decent beer food atmosphere . Horsham raced into a 2 0 lead ,but pulled back very quickly . A late goal won the game for the visitors ,. Shamir Fenlon came on for Horsham . Ground 325 ticked and visited the great Anchor Tap .

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The sun-drenched Polgrove was my destination yesterday afternoon where Bexhill United were 1 nil winners over Pagham in the SCC premier division .

Attendance 210 , scorer No.9 , Evan Archibald

Attachments

• pb1.JPG
    pb1.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 86
  • pb2.JPG
    pb2.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 81
  • pb3.JPG
    pb3.JPG
    362.1 KB · Views: 87
  • pb4.JPG
    pb4.JPG
    554.5 KB · Views: 86
  • pb5.JPG
    pb5.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 87
  • pb6.JPG
    pb6.JPG
    447.6 KB · Views: 82
  • pb7.JPG
    pb7.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 86

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Horsham 2 Brightlingsea 3 . Att 963 ,a wonderful set up . Decent beer food atmosphere . Horsham raced into a 2 0 lead ,but pulled back very quickly . A late goal won the game for the visitors ,. Shamir Fenlon came on for Horsham . Ground 325 ticked and visited the great Anchor Tap .
Whereabouts is the Horsham ground & how can I get there from Horsham railway station?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here