[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Steyning are playing Uckfield today, collection money and donating to Shoreham foodbank. Free mince pie for everyone who donates. Beer and really decent burgers are available, all outside of course.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Newhaven 1 Horley 2 - ok game, bloody cold wind whipping in of the channel....

A3A4221E-99C5-42CC-A51F-704353267209_1_201_a.jpeg
99B9AC87-72A3-4C7B-9E0C-7FA6E82EE261_1_201_a.jpeg
F920D863-94A6-4B8C-8AC4-C59DF04A29BF_1_201_a.jpeg
F340C02C-76D1-46C7-828B-ED3FB40A35E1_1_201_a.jpeg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Great result for Steyning today, 1-0 against early pacesetters Uckfield.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Shoreham 3 Oakwood 2. Beer sold out by fulltime, attendance of nearly 200 and 2 last minute goals for Shoreham to win! Perfect Saturday and I'm starting to enjoy it more then Brighton.
Was also at this game. An enjoyable afternoon of football. Oakwood keeper was my man of the match, made many good saves otherwise Shoreham would have won far more convincingly.
Pitch held up well enough despite all the rain recently. The win moves Shoreham up to 5th with the top 4 apparently getting promoted.
With Sussex remaining in tier 2 for the time being hopefully the Combination League will be able to continue.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Great result for Steyning today, 1-0 against early pacesetters Uckfield.

Very good game and an excellent result. Steyning showed a lot of quality against a young Uckfield team. The game was delayed by an injury to the Uckfield striker and it seemed to take a while to get both teams back into their stride. It could have gone either way but by the end Steyning were on top and in control. A lovely goal, sweetly struck across the keeper. Important three points for the Barrowmen

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Was also at this game. An enjoyable afternoon of football. Oakwood keeper was my man of the match, made many good saves otherwise Shoreham would have won far more convincingly.
Pitch held up well enough despite all the rain recently. The win moves Shoreham up to 5th with the top 4 apparently getting promoted.
With Sussex remaining in tier 2 for the time being hopefully the Combination League will be able to continue.

Good summary. Hopefully will get to do Mile Oak v Shoreham Boxing day. 11am kick off

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Shoreham 3-2 Oakwood, from the recommendation of a contributor of this thread I decided to trek down to middle road for an exciting encounter. My old PE teacher Mark Pulling put on the number 11 for Shoreham and what a game it was. End to end football, minute to minute twists, enjoyed this than I have a Brighton game in many a month. Box office from start to finish. Football in its purest form, almost simply an art. Football, you can only love it.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Was at The Sportsfield again to watch Littlehampton Town bow out of the FA Vase at the third round stage to Hansworth Villa in front of another decent crowd (despite away fans not being permitted to attend). It was an attritional game with very little in it, although Littlehampton were the more adventurous side and were very unfortunate to find themselves 2-0 down before getting back into the game with a penalty just before half time. All went a bit mad in the last ten minutes, with Littlehampton finding the net after a goalmouth scramble, only for the ref to send off a Hansworth player for handling on the line and award a penalty instead of the goal - which was duly despatched. Twice in the last couple of minutes Littlehampton came within a whisker of knocking out a higher ranked team for the third round in succession, but heroic goal line clearances saved the day for Villa, sending us to penalties. It was a high quality shootout, with the only missed kick being Littlehampton's third, which was smashed over the bar. Gutted for them really, deserved more - and missed out on £1,100 prizemoney..... Local derby v Wick up next on Boxing Day morning, should be fun.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Southern Combination suspended from the 23rd December, a shame but probably the right decision giving the rising infection rates in the county, and reading Eastbourne Town’s twitter a large chunk of their playing and coaching staff are based in Tier 4 so can’t play. Bexhill United as well in that area. A shame because I had really looked forward to Mile Oak v Shoreham on Boxing Day, was hoping that would be the final game. Struggling to see how the Isthmian League is going to finish with what now looks like at least a 3 month break in the middle of the season.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Southern Combination suspended from the 23rd December, a shame but probably the right decision giving the rising infection rates in the county, and reading Eastbourne Town’s twitter a large chunk of their playing and coaching staff are based in Tier 4 so can’t play. Bexhill United as well in that area. A shame because I had really looked forward to Mile Oak v Shoreham on Boxing Day, was hoping that would be the final game. Struggling to see how the Isthmian League is going to finish with what now looks like at least a 3 month break in the middle of the season.
The correct decision considering the new Covid variant is running amok in the South East at present. There is a hope that the league can resume on January 9th though I feel that may be a tad optimistic!!
I have enjoyed my ground hopping over the season so far, seen some decent games and visited some new grounds that I wouldn't have considered going to before.
Have now seen games at 12 of the SCFL Premier and 10 of division 1 so still a few to get to.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Shoreham 3-2 Oakwood, from the recommendation of a contributor of this thread I decided to trek down to middle road for an exciting encounter. My old PE teacher Mark Pulling put on the number 11 for Shoreham and what a game it was. End to end football, minute to minute twists, enjoyed this than I have a Brighton game in many a month. Box office from start to finish. Football in its purest form, almost simply an art. Football, you can only love it.

Shoreham FC is a very well run local club, has a proper community feel to it. Mark Pulling is Player/Manager and does a great job. With all the uncertainty about the clubhouse being able to open, running out of beer is very normal at the moment!

The last 2 home games have been brilliant, thrashing Storrington then coming out on top in a proper battle with Oakwood. What's not to love????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here