Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NOISE at the AMEX

I am slightly bemused as to the lack of discussion about the unbeleivable noise that our ground can generate. I suppose we have all got used to it but my god! I was walking in late at about 2:55 and when the West/East join the North in belowing out "ALBIONNNNNNNNN" it seems to swell around the concourse and engulf the entire place.

If we get in the Prem within the next few seasons and get 8000 extra in my god we'll be a force at home. Just marvellous how far we've come :albion2:

Feb 14, 2010
Spot on. The West stand in particular is very, very loud. If it was Anfield the press and therefore the easily led on this forum would be telling us all how special and wonderful Liverpool fans are.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The noise is fantastic, even if in our opinion a game is a bit flat, press and away fans still comment how noisy it is. The fact that so many Albion fans join in with singing from all sides and the superb acoustics, makes the place rock!!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Spot on. The West stand in particular is very, very loud. If it was Anfield the press and therefore the easily led on this forum would be telling us all how special and wonderful Liverpool fans are.

Oh, there's a surprise, you're hijacking a thread about how great we sound at home to get off yet again on your anti Liverpool obsession!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

West Stand is very quiet according to most of the North Stand.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't think anyone in the north think the west is quiet, we all know how loud it can be, but its the lack of frequency that baffles me, it seems like the west don't sing ENOUGH !

Really ! Can't see anywhere in writing that told me I had to sing when I purchased a season ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You've taken that the wrong way mate, that's not how I meant it.

Think there is quite a cross section of fans in WSU, mind you I never bothered to sing at Withdean and do now so somethings have changed.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'm over in the east and seriously I can count on one hand the number of times I have really noticed any significant amount of noise coming from the west stand. I don't doubt they make noise and it must sound impressive in the stand itself but it rarely carries across the pitch to the east, it must be the stadium acoustics because all I ever hear is the north stand and the occasional muted response from the west. Also I've been surprised how noisy the east gets on occasion and suspect no-one elsewhere hears us because of the acoustics. It is difficult when the whole 3 sides are going for it to tell where the most noise is coming from but one thing is for sure, it is electrifying when everyone really gets on it, I fooking love it:thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
West Stand is very quiet according to most of the North Stand.

Really ! Can't see anywhere in writing that told me I had to sing when I purchased a season ticket.

One post you complain that the North say the West don't sing, then you complain beacause somebody suggest you do sing, you didn't give Ipswich banner advice by chance.

But anyway, when the North sing you cannot hear the West because the North is singing, it will be the same in the West but vice versa. The reason I enjoy the "We're the North/West stand" is because it is the only time the North can appreciate the noise that comes out of the West.

What does happen appear to happen is the West follow the North as there seems to be only few times a match that the West start a chant.

But anyway all this North v West v East is pretty boring now, if the players get a lift and say its bloody noisy on the pitch then that is good enough for me.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm over in the east and seriously I can count on one hand the number of times I have really noticed any significant amount of noise coming from the west stand. I don't doubt they make noise and it must sound impressive in the stand itself but it rarely carries across the pitch to the east, it must be the stadium acoustics because all I ever hear is the north stand and the occasional muted response from the west. Also I've been surprised how noisy the east gets on occasion and suspect no-one elsewhere hears us because of the acoustics. It is difficult when the whole 3 sides are going for it to tell where the most noise is coming from but one thing is for sure, it is electrifying when everyone really gets on it, I fooking love it:thumbsup:

Agree completely in the East it is difficult to hear the West Stand a lot of the time, yesterday was immense in the way at time all 3 stands were in full unison, I know it it regarded as heresy for some to admit but the East does get rocking at times.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
Have sat in all three stands this season and the east stand has always seemed quiet except for the Burnley game!

Newcastle fans seemed to concur - after the north stand west stand chant they chanted you're the shit stand to the east due to their lack of involvement in the chant. Tickled me slightly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here