Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The night before the funeral.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He is NOT one of the greatest - he's currently behind Barry Lloyd and if you did a weighted survey factoring in cash he's probably behind Mark MCGuee.

There's been some right rubbish on here lately, but what a lot of absolute tosh. But then how can you take anyone seriously who thinks Poyet should be despised more than Norman Baker, a man who if he'd had his way, would have prevented the Amex from ever being built.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He is NOT one of the greatest - he's currently behind Barry Lloyd and if you did a weighted survey factoring in cash he's probably behind Mark MCGuee.

He has been a decent manager and achieved a lot but stop please stop this messiah like worshipping and read the history books. JCLs are excused because they've only had 1 manager to assess.

I am no Gus fanatic, but behind BL, be'ave will yuz?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I have a sad feel tonight, whispers in the wind and the loss of an old friend. Had some good times, but ultimately the way you lived cost you dearly.

Hope the new lady is good to us.

Blimey - is he being executed? Don't think I want to cross Mr Bloom any time soon, or is Gus being given a bottle of whisky and a revolver to do the gentlemanly thing?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There's been some right rubbish on here lately, but what a lot of absolute tosh. But then how can you take anyone seriously who thinks Poyet should be despised more than Norman Baker, a man who if he'd had his way, would have prevented the Amex from ever being built.

You're obviously a bit simple because that thread was very tongue in cheek and everyone seemed to get it but you and a couple of other dimwits. Go back and re read it if so desired but if you're still thinking I hate Poyet more than Norman Baker then get yourself down the quacks. As for absolute tosh, did or did not Barry Lloyd take us to the play off final for the premiership? And also get us promoted from the 3rd tier. Ow and he did that on a shoestring (proper one, not a Gus shoestring I.e. several millions). And just to well and truely put you in your place, you're called Kevo. And have a friend called Woody.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Lots of name calling tonight :lol: love it.

where have you been
its been like a miners strip night on here for the last 5 weeks :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

He has been a decent manager and achieved a lot but stop please stop this messiah like worshipping and read the history books. JCLs are excused because they've only had 1 manager to assess.

He is responsible for probably the best football the Albion have ever played. That is NOT an overstatement. He's gotten us to our highest finish in over THIRTY years. That is an inarguable fact. He's been superb for us overall, no question.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He is responsible for probably the best football the Albion have ever played. That is NOT an overstatement. He's gotten us to our highest finish in over THIRTY years. That is an inarguable fact. He's been superb for us overall, no question.

Re-watched the Brighton v Ipswich game from 1990/91 recently - the quality of play in Gus' team is far, far superior to Barry Lloyd's side.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
What I really wish is that Chelsea or one of those other clubs he was so desperate to manage had come in for him, before all this happened, that way we would have been sad to see him go, but would have understood. The time that Gus has been with us has been some of the best times I have ever had watching the albion. It was clear that what ever has happened, that Gus himself did not to be our Manager anymore. How ever good he has been for us, I don't want a manager that does not want to be here.

I will be sad and glade when this is all over so we can move on. I am sure I will look back on the time when Gus was the manger of Brighton with very fond memories. soon there will be a new manager and we will move on.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You're obviously a bit simple because that thread was very tongue in cheek and everyone seemed to get it but you and a couple of other dimwits.

Including Nick Szcepanik, who picked your thread out on the radio for special mention as an example of the stupidity of some of the posts on here. That must've made you dead proud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here