[TV] The next Dr Who is another blooming jock

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Had a thought today about Sundays Special, why was there no sign of Matt Smith or Captain Jack ? Not even alluded to as I recall ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Had a thought today about Sundays Special, why was there no sign of Matt Smith or Captain Jack ? Not even alluded to as I recall ?
Chibnall has been quoted as saying that he only invited "Classic Era" Docs so as not to tread on what might be planned for the 60th Anniversary next year - read into that as you will.

On a more practical note, Matt Smith was probably too busy with House of the Dragon.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Smith was possibly too busy, and Barrowman has fallen from grace a bit for being a bit too "extrovert" on set.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Not really been a watcher since Tennant (who was fantastic), and this was probably the first full episode I've watched for a long time and it was good I like Whittaker, but I found her character a little too frantic at times, has this how its been throughout her tenure?

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I'm a Moffat man myself -- I really enjoy his run the most (with Smith and Capaldi), and the kids and I rewatch those episodes on a regular basis. Chibnall era... meh. Although my youngest daughter didn't get into Who until Jodie appeared, so representation *is* an important element re: children's programmes. We've since spent many a special evening, just she and I, catching the latest 13 ep or going through 9, 10, 11 and 12's. 🤗

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not really been a watcher since Tennant (who was fantastic), and this was probably the first full episode I've watched for a long time and it was good I like Whittaker, but I found her character a little too frantic at times, has this how its been throughout her tenure?
Tennant was, and hopefully will be again, pure class as The Doctor..its been a bit of a slow slide downhill since his time.. really wanted Whittaker to be brilliant but she never hit the heights for me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wasn’t there some sort of cloud hanging over Mr Barrowman or was that all thrown out?
Yes, there was something strange going on, apparently, he's actually Scottish.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wasn’t there some sort of cloud hanging over Mr Barrowman or was that all thrown out?
No police involvement or official complaints, but there were tales of him being a little too keen on getting his "tardis" out on set.

He's been quietly dropped by the BBC from the show as they'd not want the potential grief that could go with bringing him back.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No police involvement or official complaints, but there were tales of him being a little too keen on getting his "tardis" out on set.

He's been quietly dropped by the BBC from the show as they'd not want the grief that would go with bringing him back.
I would love to have another series of Torchwood, but of course they killed most of them off in the children of the earth series where kids were given to the aliens to stop them killing everyone

peter capaldi ( before dr who) played a civil servant who was responsible for rounding up kids

captain jack was implicated as the original guy who supplied the aliens with the kids back in the 50’s. He left earth after the aliens were defeated and he realised that he had to leave!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Yes, there was something strange going on, apparently, he's actually Scottish.
That’ll be it then 😂

In other news I trust you won’t be booing our erstwhile manager on Saturday?

Can’t believe the negativity, he was only an employee, he’s gone let’s move on 👍

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

He's been quietly dropped by the BBC from the show as they'd not want the potential grief that could go with bringing him back.
Not just the Beeb. ITV also booted him off Dancing on Ice after he "apologised" for getting his bits out on set.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports