Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The next Dr Who is another blooming jock

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
To quote Barry Davies, "you have to say that was magnificent". Haven't enjoyed an episode like that for years. Not ashamed to say I shed a tear at some of the reunions.
I may have mumbled 'Adric' fractionally before Tegan did 😭

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That was really enjoyable.

A really fitting BBC Centenary episode with decent celebration of the past - even Tom Baker's scarf featured.

I'm glad they left the Timeless Child stuff well alone as well as I wasn't a fan of it.

I'm now really looking forward to seeing the brief return of Tennant when it happens.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To quote Barry Davies, "you have to say that was magnificent". Haven't enjoyed an episode like that for years. Not ashamed to say I shed a tear at some of the reunions. Didn't make much sense but when Dr Who is this entertaining, who cares?
I thought it was brilliant.

The scenes with Ace and Tegan and their respective Doctors were brilliant, as of course was the totally unexpected multi-Doc scene.

Sacha Dhawan was superb too and, corny as it was, I loved the Ra-Ra-Rasputin scene.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I thought it was brilliant.

The scenes with Ace and Tegan and their respective Doctors were brilliant, as of course was the totally unexpected multi-Doc scene.

Sacha Dhawan was superb too and, corny as it was, I loved the Ra-Ra-Rasputin scene.
They really were brilliant. Perfectly judged. Shame we have to wait until next November for the 3 Tennant specials and then Gatwa as the 15th.
Oh and Ian bloody Chesterton 57 years later. Only this show.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mostly a bit meh in my book. Nice to see the living Doctors and assistants turn up but... The Master is god awful, gurning, mumbling ridiculously swivel eyed....previous Masters were genuinely evil with terrifying screen presence this one is a joke.

If this is true its marvellous to have Tennant back as the Doctor as there has been a slow, inorexable slide in to mediocrity since his stint. ...very much in the manner of recent Prime Ministers. Can we have Tony Blair back too please ? You know, only 48 hours max to see a GP, waiting lists cut etc etc.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Finally caught it tonight, was excellent. Reminded me of the previous anniversary episode with drawing on the old faces, and bringing back the old assistants was a great idea and not just the doctors.

Can’t wait to find out what the ending means.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Without wishing to give your age away old boy 😂, is that right the first episode was shown the day after JFK was shot?
Ha ha! It was 1963, and I was 5. I wasn't allowed to watch it initially as my parents thought it was too frightening for kids, so I missed the first few episodes. It was the day after the assassination. In the afternoon the Albion beat Torquay 4-0 in division 4 :thumbsup:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Incredible to see the character of Ian Chesterton back. At 97 it might be his last appearance. Incredible to have that link with someone that started the show and is, quite frankly, the best male companion in the shows history.

The plot was an absolute mess but I didn't really care. Fantastic to see so many people back. I thought Ace/Graham had real chemistry too. Another scene with 7 and Ace was so lovely.

Chibnall's best effort imo, but glad the show is going back to RTD. It's be woefully poor under Chibnall's tenure imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here