Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Newsroom on Sky Atlantic

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm enjoying this new series , but have noticed that the script contains a lot of dialogue that requires quickfire responses , consequently some of the conversations are like a table tennis game with the repartee flowing back and forth at breakneck speed, has anyone else noticed this ?? it's irritating but not enough to stop me watching.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My mrs commented on the speed of the dialogue too, It's typical Aaron Sorkin. So long as you actually pay attention whilst watching its great stuff with some real quick witted lines.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's what I like about Aaron Sorkin's writng, there's a rhythm to it, a flow that I find appealing.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
The first couple of episodes have been a bit manic, even for Sorkin, so hopefully it will calm down a little bit once the back story is told.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The first couple of episodes have been a bit manic, even for Sorkin, so hopefully it will calm down a little bit once the back story is told.

That's what I assuming. It's like they're trying to fit too much in to an episode at the moment.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
enjoyed it in the main, the relationship between Daniels and Emily Mortimer is a poorly executed side plot, they could have constructed a different past history and so far for me its been the bit that lets the show down, wont stop me watching tho!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Aaron Sorkin is a fantastic writer. Sports Night is incredible, unfortunately they don't show it in the UK anymore but it's simply magnificent.

I am using Sky+ to record the series.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I enjoyed the one episode I did manage to catch. I like how they've used real news stories instead of just making stuff up. Although I couldn't help but have this image in my head for most of the duration.

dumb-and-dumber-1994-movie-still-jeff-daniels-tongue-stuck.png

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I really stuggled to follow the thread of this weeks episode.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I really stuggled to follow the thread of this weeks episode.

I think I worked out that the text Charlie got at the end telling him to go to the meeting on floor 141 (or whatever floor it is) was the meeting that he was having throughout the show so actually happenned after the elecion broadcast not during it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here