The new website is one week old ...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Hello Insider,

No doubt you will get plenty of face-to-face feedback from fans at the match on Saturday, to add to your own impressions, and those of your colleagues.

In case the current (temporary) lack of the search facility here on NSC has hindered following members reactions, maybe these links to the main threads active at the moment might help. I’m not looking for a reply - it’s too early to expect a reaction from the club to the fans reactions, and I’m sure there will be some fine tuning and adjustments to be made for a while.

Reactions to first access to the new style when a number of other clubs had gone on-line with the new design by July this year:
Code:
  www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?243056-The-BHA-official-website
Reactions to the new seagulls website, launched 11th October:
Code:
  www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?260331-***Official***-Brighton-and-Hove-Albion-Website.

www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?260445-How-do-you-rate-the-new-website-out-of-10

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for the comments, and I have forwarded the two links you posted to FLi. Below is an extract from Paul Barber's column in the programme on Saturday. We are not satisfied with the website and are working with FLi (as we have been since 2001) to try and improve the service. One thing I would say is that the new personnel at FLi seem to have a much better understanding of fans' expectations and what technology is available, which is good news - ultimately they need to deliver on this.

Since our last home game we have launched the Albion version of the Football League’s next generation website – which has had a mixed reaction from supporters – some positive, some negative, some ambivalent.

The Football League, via their FLi offshoot, currently owns the digital rights to 86 Football League, Premier League and Conference clubs. This agreement has been in place since 2001 and runs through until 2017. In commercial terms, it has been a great success generating considerable and valuable revenue.

It is the clubs' collective strength that has helped to generate those revenues and in return we have all had to adhere to the same site framework. As a club we have been and will remain responsible for the provision of the majority of the content within the site, in terms of words and pictures, with FLi responsible for the framework, and other areas such as stats, fixtures and results.

While the deal has worked very well from the commercial side, the flexibility for clubs in terms of what can be offered to supporters has not always met expectations. However, with a new management team in place at FLi, working under the Football League’s new head of commercial operations Richard Heaselgrave, I hope we will see that change in the coming months and years.

As a club, we were the last to switchover to the new platform, as we had our own reservations, but having worked with service providers Sapient Nitro and Richard and his team to overcome the most pressing of those issues, we felt it was the right time to move across. There is still room for improvement, and we are working with FLi to improve the service and will be encouraging them to embrace new technologies to give our supporters and those of other clubs with a cutting-edge service.

Alongside this we will continue working with a number of our own suppliers, from Talent who supply our ticketing solution, to Bright Site, who are responsible for the online retail site, and we will be asking the same of them over the coming months; while also developing other digital offerings to supporters such as social media and investigating the feasibility of other projects such as offering supporters Wi-Fi within the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports