Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Stamford Bridge

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Close up the design is pretty cool

http://www.dezeen.com/2015/12/02/he...ans-chelsea-football-stadium-redesign-london/

762929cd0f3c93b6c0a204cf03e77327.jpg
Agreed. That looks good. Brick finish helps

Looks, appropriately, like a toilet from distance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the topic of similar grounds here's RB Liepzig

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 438

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think it looks like a bland attempt at some gladiatorial Colosseum. Doesn't really suit, hardly a blend in with the surroundings. I did have a bit of a giggle at the poster suggesting it looked like the Emirates though. Thumbs down from me.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not keen on the design myself... different but not pleasant on the eye. Do think that it's telling how deep the stands are... that's A LOT of corporate lounges they are building! Modern footballing priorities!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'll be gutted when they leave Stamford Bridge. Albion's greatest ever achievement happened there.

Only feels like yesterday. :shrug:

Thought you were on about that cup replay under Alan Mullery that kick started the fun with the Nigels rather than something that none us were at

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't like it. For a Herzog and De Meuron design it's really quite dull and brutal, they have done far more interesting work.

That said I like the idea of a brick construction ala Camden Yards in baltimore so it may end up looking a lot better in real life than in the drawings.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Quite an interesting exterior design but too repetitive, not enough variation, and - boring repetitive unimaginative interior, imho.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Are there no exits for those on the lower tier?

Simple, they are beamed in and out. The gas tanks look like a safety hazard though.

chelsea.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not convinced.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Like the use of brickwork, nowhere near used enough these days in a grand design.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here