The 'New SMALLER' carvery for £3.69 'deal' WTF!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
What is this old tosh I ask ???

The renowned carvery slap-up at several Brighton and environs locations is now offering, wait for it, a new SMALLER carvery, for the same price as the old, larger carvery meal. Back door price hike springs to mind :mad:

Not only do we have to put up with miniscule tins of chocs this Yuletide, but the very fabric of local society dining is being torn asunder, with a smaller limit on the cauliflower cheese and lashings of roasties and mash to fill a previously generously proportioned plate :cry:

Has anyone had the misfortune to be taken on by this unseasonal ruse, pray tell? :(

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What is this old tosh I ask ???

The renowned carvery slap-up at several Brighton and environs locations is now offering, wait for it, a new SMALLER carvery, for the same price as the old, larger carvery meal. Back door price hike springs to mind :mad:

Not only do we have to put up with miniscule tins of chocs this Yuletide, but the very fabric of local society dining is being torn asunder, with a smaller limit on the cauliflower cheese and lashings of roasties and mash to fill a previously generously proportioned plate :cry:

Has anyone had the misfortune to be taken on by this unseasonal ruse, pray tell? :(

I'm assuming you're talking about the pubs at Saltdean, Withdean and Holmbush ?

I noticed that online. What's the deal ? We're planning of taking the kids this weekend and buying 3 kids meals and 2 adult meals - have these changed as well ?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I'm assuming you're talking about the pubs at Saltdean, Withdean and Holmbush ?

I noticed that online. What's the deal ? We're planning of taking the kids this weekend and buying 3 kids meals and 2 adult meals - have these changed as well ?

You are correct about the establishments. Don't know the Bobby tbf. Was going past the Peacehaven one, saw the sign outside, and kept on going ???

Hopefully the denizons sur NSC will have the required info :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This deal is advertised by Crown Carverys (The Sportsman) and is what it says a small carvery for those with a smaller appetite. The normal one is still available for those that wish. The small one is served with less meat on a smaller plate but you can if you wish pile the plate up with veg, as much as you want, so not really a price hike although the normal carvery is now £4.19 which is still excellent value. This is good value for people who use the Park and Ride in Brighton especially after shopping, it represents a cheap meal to save having to cook when you get home.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Cheers BG. I wouldn't begrudge them that price for the large version, still a top meal in anyone's book :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Westdene Seagull if you look on the M & B website you can down load vouchers or free ic cream which should appeal to the children. It is still the same VFM carvery.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Westdene Seagull if you look on the M & B website you can down load vouchers or free ic cream which should appeal to the children. It is still the same VFM carvery.

Thank you - the kids will be made up :thumbsup:

As an aside, how's it going with your Tunbridge Wells case ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still having trouble locating the whereabouts of the owner of the company but a chap on Peppipoo is offering to help so we are still going and hoping to issue court papers very soon. Apparently I can use a company to find out his address and then add that to he claim but it appears that I will have to issue papers against the firm, the clamper and the owner of the land and judgement will be given so that one of them will be held responsible and pay up.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
x-jane-fonda-barbarella-15.jpg

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Can always use the carvery if visiting to watch the exciting Albion Ladies v Lewes this Sunday.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I live not to far from the one in shoreham (the opposite end from the posh end) not been for a while but when I used to go in there the women carving the meat used to remind me of COOK in the film Matilda when she hands Bruce the large chocolate cake to eat and wipes away the snot from her nose with the back of her hand ,
It put me off ever going there again

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
There's a reason why it's that price, they basically pluck stuff from the freezer aisle in Tesco, bung it in an oven then serve you it.

Could probably buy each thing yourself and each plate would be cheaper than what they charge.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I went in the Newmarket once for a couple of pints, whole place stank of cabbage boiled to within an inch of it's life :sick:
Even made Wetherspoons look classy :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports