Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new pope

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder what his views are on returning the Canary Islands to Morocco?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
It might be a surprise to you guys...

...but Albion have a large proportion of fans who happen to be Roman Catholic (St.Mary Magdelene, Cardinal Newman School, Arundel Cathedral, etc.), along with a Catholic manager and many players. Also, we can't be pigeon holed; for e.g. I want married priests, female priests, women's rights to choose, and complete equality regardless of sexual orientation. Oh and by the way I was taught by priests and I and none of my friends ever experienced anything inappropriate. So in a nut-shell, go f*** yourselves :)

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
...but Albion have a large proportion of fans who happen to be Roman Catholic (St.Mary Magdelene, Cardinal Newman School, Arundel Cathedral, etc.), along with a Catholic manager and many players. Also, we can't be pigeon holed; for e.g. I want married priests, female priests, women's rights to choose, and complete equality regardless of sexual orientation. Oh and by the way I was taught by priests and I and none of my friends ever experienced anything inappropriate. So in a nut-shell, go f*** yourselves :)

You signed up to NSC to spout off about the Pope, Pontiff or whatever the f... He/they want to call the job? What a numpty, you think a load of footy fans give a toss about it? Catholic manager? He's not that bothered is he? Otherwise we wouldn't see him on SS1 occasionally on a Sunday morning! A couple of days before a massive game & were supposed to care :)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I like him.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Did I read he wants the Falklands to be given to Argentina he would be better employed cleaning up the image of the catholic church as regards their priests.

He's Argentinian! What would you expect?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I heard that it was 3. So, a mandate.

3 of the Islanders voted against the Falklands remaining a British Overseas Territory , they could have voted on the basis they wanted independence rather than being pro Argentina.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No doubt another protector of child abusers, just like the last one.

This story says it all about the catholic church - Do they never learn?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21810980

This is a story about the misguided views of one person within the Catholic Church and not the views of the Church as a whole.

I think we need to give the new bloke a chance. many people seem to think he is quite promising and will want to change things. I have heard the word "demythologise" used.

Maybe at best he will come out with all guns blazing in the very near future to tackle the child abuse thing, or at worst not stand fro things being "covered up", as his predecessor seems to have done. can't we just wait and see...... and i am not a Catholic.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
I am not a Catholic but we are talking about someones religion. He doesnt like gay sex or gay marriage. Big deal. Neither do Jews, Muslims or most Christians. Get over it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You signed up to NSC to spout off about the Pope, Pontiff or whatever the f... He/they want to call the job? What a numpty, you think a load of footy fans give a toss about it? Catholic manager? He's not that bothered is he? Otherwise we wouldn't see him on SS1 occasionally on a Sunday morning! A couple of days before a massive game & were supposed to care :)

A number of footy fans are bothered enough to reply to this thread.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did I read he wants the Falklands to be given to Argentina he would be better employed cleaning up the image of the catholic church as regards their priests.

He doesn't want the Falklands to be given to Argentina because he already considers the islands to be Argentinian soil. He has also called the residents "usurpers".

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
This is a story about the misguided views of one person within the Catholic Church and not the views of the Church as a whole.

I think we need to give the new bloke a chance. many people seem to think he is quite promising and will want to change things. I have heard the word "demythologise" used.

Maybe at best he will come out with all guns blazing in the very near future to tackle the child abuse thing, or at worst not stand fro things being "covered up", as his predecessor seems to have done. can't we just wait and see...... and i am not a Catholic.

This. Just this.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Demythogise. Interesting. Was that used in the context of what is expected of him? If so does that mean the myth of religion? Like his going to close the religion down as its a myth.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He's an Albion fan. Well, he supports San Lorenzo which is where Ulloa started out... so I bet he keeps a keen eye out for us now on the old Papal videprinter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At 76, he won't be that long in the job anyway

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I thought the 3 votes out of 1700 that weren't YES were

1 No
1 spoilt/rejected
and 1 'not accounted for'

Was the situation a few days ago anyway, not 3 No's

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He doesn't want the Falklands to be given to Argentina because he already considers the islands to be Argentinian soil. He has also called the residents "usurpers".

He said this in a talk to Argentine veterans, would you really expect him to tell them those islands are British? Now he is the Pope he won't speak out about the Falklands. He doesn't have a very high opinion of their president either.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Errr...no I signed up to NSC to talk about BHAFC and found this thread of anti Catholic vitriol being spouted, so I gave my opinion about it. Only just noticed your puerile input.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here