The 'new kit thread' thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
great home kit totally ruined by the sponsor panel . should have been two inches shorter either side to allow the blue stripes at the side to flow down instead of being broken. i cannot believe such a small detail could have been overlooked. its beyond belief. who the **** allowed this?
Means I will not be buying one . red black away shirt okay - the black stripes flow down ,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
great home kit totally ruined by the sponsor panel . should have been two inches shorter either side to allow the blue stripes at the side to flow down instead of being broken. i cannot believe such a small detail could have been overlooked. its beyond belief. who the **** allowed this?
Means I will not be buying one . red black away shirt okay - the black stripes flow down ,

That's not right though.

The home kit has broader stripes, so the sponsor panel has been extended to meet the white stripes. If you cut it short to meet the preceding white stripes you'd actually be cutting off some of the wording of 'American Express'.

The only way it would work, more nicely, is if the central stripe was white instead of blue, but then the shirt would have a 'white and blue' feel to it rather than 'blue and white'.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Surely that big sponser panel will peel off, leaving a decent looking shirt underneath. Sorry American Express.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I like them, however, I'm amazed that everyone likes the orange one. Is it just the colour? Because that's a standard sunday league template...

Orange is definitely Sunday league, away is off the teamwear peg. Home is a miss mash, sleeves from last years Everton shirt, body from the teamwear Inter shirt, collar from the Hoop template, looks ok but the sleeves are grim, and the sponsor logo is a shocker. I really thought it would look so much better despite the template derived design.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm ****ing furious. I was the first person to register my interest on the Seagull site, and got a special email saying I'd be the first to see the new kit - now I find you've all seen it already, and I still haven't received my email. This club is a ****ing joke!

Oh my God! Not the first to see it.... That's your life in ruins then :rolleyes:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So...

It is a blue and white stripy round neck t-shirt with an iron-on patch on the front. Underwhelmed, to say the least.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Orange is definitely Sunday league, away is off the teamwear peg. Home is a miss mash, sleeves from last years Everton shirt, body from the teamwear Inter shirt, collar from the Hoop template, looks ok but the sleeves are grim, and the sponsor logo is a shocker. I really thought it would look so much better despite the template derived design.

To be fair though, you've been making clear for weeks that you were going to hate it whatever it looked like.

I agree fully re: the sponsor logo though, it looks awful.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Round collar (at least on the home kit)
Looks a little looser fit than the last couple
Keeper's shirt

Dislike
Sleeves
Plain back
Sponsor's logo (though, my green and black bought on the first day was an iron on, my friend's green and black bought later was part of the shirt)
Single stripe on orange

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh my God! Not the first to see it.... That's your life in ruins then :rolleyes:
It felt so at the time, but fortunately mum could see I wasn't too pleased, and not only did she promise to take me to the shop the moment it's released, she also ordered Dominos for tea! All's well that ends well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports