Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Government

Now to have 20 Liberals.

I be honest, I don't like the idea of having the Conservatives running the country.

But I believe in democracy and together 60% of the electorate have voted for these parties, whether they would have voted Liberal knowing that the party would sell its soul or whether we would have got the same percent under PR, who knows.

The deal strike seems to be a good proper and full coalition, which has helped both Clegg and Cameron to achieve the power they could only have dreamed off.

First soundings sound good.

I liked the £10,000 tax threshold,

I despised the raising of inheritance tax - that must have cost more votes than it gained.

I believe the Corporation Tax drop will ot now happen.

But I bet we see no extra monies for "the extra equipment needed by our armed forces". Lets see how the Dave backing media plays that.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I have always been a fan of the £10,000 tax threshold as it makes a lot of sense.

Has it been confirmed that it will be agreed as part of the deal?

The fact is that anyone who earns less than about £14,000 gets assistance with rent(if they pay it) and tax credits to top up their income anyway so taxing them with one hand whilst giving it back with the other is a completely pointless operation. If they get it right it could cut out a lot of unnecessary red tape and administrative crap.

And I will say.

I was impressed with the way Cameron spoke elonquently for 2-3 minutes. Could have said Brown's name, could have been a bit more human to the PM. But the boy has a good skill there.

I have always been a fan of the £10,000 tax threshold as it makes a lot of sense.

Has it been confirmed that it will be agreed as part of the deal?

The fact is that anyone who earns less than about £14,000 gets assistance with rent(if they pay it) and tax credits to top up their income anyway so taxing them with one hand whilst giving it back with the other is a completely pointless operation. If they get it right it could cut out a lot of unnecessary red tape and administrative crap.

I believe its part of the tax deal and makes a lot of sense for everyone, the fact Labour didn't have it, showed poor political judgement.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I liked the £10,000 tax threshold,

I despised the raising of inheritance tax - that must have cost more votes than it gained.
I agree with the tax threashold. THe more people you can encourge too work the better.

But I fail to understand why so many people despise raising inheritance tax? Why should anyone pay inheritance tax at all? This money has already been taxed once, so why should it be taxed again, purely because someone as died? I think people who despise the raising of inheritance tax, do so out of pure and utter jealiously

That's hardly fair. 35 per cent of Lib Dem MPs to have a ministerial job? I thought they believed in proportional representation.
On second thoughts ... I've worked out why.

Ministers have to vote with the government and they don't speak on non-ministerial matters or ask awkward questions.

Cameron is going to gag Baker. I'm beginning to come round.

I agree with the tax threashold. THe more people you can encourge too work the better.

But I fail to understand why so many people despise raising inheritance tax? Why should anyone pay inheritance tax at all? This money has already been taxed once, so why should it be taxed again, purely because someone as died? I think people who despise the raising of inheritance tax, do so out of pure and utter jealiously

I think the agruments for this has been discussed many times before, and i can't be arsed today.

I'm being mellow today. But tactically I wasn 't convinced especially with the Conservatives cutting back tax credits elsewhere. I reckon, it could have cost Dave the election.

And its ironic, it will be shelved for a few years.

Must say I am not convinced by a mandatory 5 year parliament.

Ministers have to vote with the government and they don't speak on non-ministerial matters or ask awkward questions.

Basically a fifth of all jobs will go to the LIbs,

40% of all Libs including all the big hitters, medium hitters and little shitters will be Govt, leaving only the boys in the short trousers on the back benchers, serving the love interests of the Tory Lords.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
where's this 20 Liberals in the government from? seems rather disproportional.

ah wrting before reading all... LB has a point about silencing dissent

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Good time to put in the planning application for Falmer expansion then :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Desperate Dave and Chancer Clegg.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
That's hardly fair. 35 per cent of Lib Dem MPs to have a ministerial job? I thought they believed in proportional representation.

Or will there be 107 Tory ministers as well? Didn't Cameron preach 'small government'?

Hey,no nitpicking.

This is the Brave New World.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here