Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The new currency - jigsaws

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Took inspiration from the photo jigsaw post above and order this as a 1000 piece puzzle. This should keep me busy for a while.

View attachment 123345

I fear I may be turning into a retired woman though as I have just bought a small diamond painting set, inspired by the wife of my boss. You basically stick coloured bits of plastic onto a picture in a painting by numbers style.Keeping busy and doing things like this for small periods to add variety but given the leaked news suggests that I will be furloughed until the autumn, presumably on a reduced rate from July onwards, I need to mix it up. Hopefully I don't get to the cross stitch/knitting stage!

If you do, then learn to crochet. I still haven't mastered that.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Ha - thought twice about the diamond thing as I am too cack handed for models. The fact it was only £11 changed my mind so I will give it a go. But anything requiring any level of manual dexterity is a definite no-no. I went through a wooden puzzle phase which is fun but nerve wracking as the plywood is so thin. Also expensive. Maybe garden centres reopening will allow me to restock fun jigsaws - my enthusiasm is waning at the moment as I have started a Hidden Blueprint one which is basically 1000 pieces that all look the same.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ha - thought twice about the diamond thing as I am too cack handed for models. The fact it was only £11 changed my mind so I will give it a go. But anything requiring any level of manual dexterity is a definite no-no. I went through a wooden puzzle phase which is fun but nerve wracking as the plywood is so thin. Also expensive. Maybe garden centres reopening will allow me to restock fun jigsaws - my enthusiasm is waning at the moment as I have started a Hidden Blueprint one which is basically 1000 pieces that all look the same.

I lose patience with jigsaws that have too much of one colour. I try sorting the pieces into shapes, and I swear I try every single piece, and my husband walks in, picks up one piece and slots it straight in. :rant: :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Took inspiration from the photo jigsaw post above and order this as a 1000 piece puzzle. This should keep me busy for a while.

View attachment 123345

Assume you ordered that one via some third party? Seems to me that if the club marketing dept were on their toes, there's a big current market for a thousand piece jigsaw of that beautiful iconic Albion image. Ditto of any number of beautiful iconic Albion images. Gotta be thousand piece tho, cos nobody's currently in any kind of rush to get one finished

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I lose patience with jigsaws that have too much of one colour. I try sorting the pieces into shapes, and I swear I try every single piece, and my husband walks in, picks up one piece and slots it straight in. :rant: :lolol:

This is the one I am doing now. It may look colourful but around 700 pieces are just mixtures of yellow, black and green.

0020-an-egyptian-chronicle-23-july-2014.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Assume you ordered that one via some third party? Seems to me that if the club marketing dept were on their toes, there's a big current market for a thousand piece jigsaw of that beautiful iconic Albion image. Ditto of any number of beautiful iconic Albion images. Gotta be thousand piece tho, cos nobody's currently in any kind of rush to get one finished

https://www.seagullspics.com/2019-20-season/

You can order any picture from the club gallery as posters, jigsaws, photos etc

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Yes - https://www.photobox.co.uk/ was the cheapest I could find. They have a 40% off code at present which came to around £23 delivered. Will take 2 or 3 weeks though.

Didn't know about the Seagullspic option but they don't have a size option and look around 2-300 pieces. Also £30.

Edit - good guess. Scrolled down and they are 300 pieces

Also - a confession. The highest quality version of the photo I could find on Google Images was The Sun. :shootself

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lego is another

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

I remember back in the day knitting Aran sweaters, baby clothes and blankets etc., but crochet...no chance!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember back in the day knitting Aran sweaters, baby clothes and blankets etc., but crochet...no chance!

Yep, exactly the same. I could cable, knit lacy baby clothes, but my brain would not cope with a crochet hook.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Lego is another

Knex was fun but expensive. Just finished the Egyptian blueprint one pictured above but won't do any more in the series. The cross hatch drawing style makes all the pieces look the same.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Finished this one in about a week. I got bought it for Christmas and forgot about it. Surprisingly satisfying putting the last pieces in.

007E8B4F-360A-406B-B17E-3321DCA49998.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well this will keep me busy for a while. Too much of the same colour but will be good when finished.

20200520_142405.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well - that is my lockdown creation completed!

20200525_134009.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here